Jump to content
FalconFan13

Falcons ink Grady Jarrett to new 4 year deal

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)


Right under Fletcher Cox value puts us back around 22 million in cap space to signed new players or give new contracts to players we have. We are already starting to work on Deion Jones contract as well got a meeting set up with Drew Rosenhaus next week.  Hopefully we can have both Jones players done in a few weeks being Julio and Debo.  Then im pretty happy as all 3 of the main falcon guys i wanted signed will be done.

Edited by FalconFan13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

that seems high 

 

Thats actually less than what alot of Falcon fans were expecting.  We were guessing around 19 to 20 a year for him and hoping for a 16 to 17 range.  Grady has been a monster for us and is probably the 2nd best player on our defense behind Deion Jones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, given WHEN Fletcher Cox got his deal.. (Like 3 seasons ago at this point I think?) I would have expected higher. Fletcher definitely is better, and we don't even need to mention Donald, but look at how fast the market is rising on other positions? I would have expected in the neighborhood of $20 Mil AAV at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Danger said:

Honestly, given WHEN Fletcher Cox got his deal.. (Like 3 seasons ago at this point I think?) I would have expected higher. Fletcher definitely is better, and we don't even need to mention Donald, but look at how fast the market is rising on other positions? I would have expected in the neighborhood of $20 Mil AAV at least.


This is what i was talking about and why most of us thought 19 to 20 would be what it took.  Fletcher is better not denying that but Grady isn't far off and is young and getting better every year.  Im thrilled with that contract as it sits and love having grady for 4 more years.  It's awesome having both Daddy Tuggle and Baby Tuggle spending most of their careers as Falcons.  Jessie Tuggle is my favorite player of all time :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this the guy that had 6 sacks vs Cowboys that one time? If so he definitely deserves all that money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Classic said:

Is this the guy that had 6 sacks vs Cowboys that one time? If so he definitely deserves all that money.

no that was Clayborn.

 

Jarrett had 3 sacks in the SB 51 though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Isn’t that a little rich?

Not really he is a pretty bad dude as said we as fans were expecting closer to 19 or 20 mil.  He has made it on quite a few top 50 to 100 lists of nfl players  Think the highest he ever made it on one was like 17th or so.  He as Jaguarcrazy said doesn't get anywhere near the credit he deserves and usually just keeps quiet and works his butt off so you don't hear tons about him.  

I know PFF isn't the all being truth but he usually does very well on their site most the time also.  Here is a little bit on him from them

And despite his smaller frame, Jarrett has had high-end success in both run defense and rushing the passer. His 90.0 run-defense grade and 86.7 pass-rush grade rank eighth and fifth, respectively, among qualifying interior defensive linemen. He’s now earned 90.0-plus run-defense grades in back-to-back seasons.

Jarrett finished the regular season ranked fourth in pass-rush win percentage (16.6) and sixth in pressure percentage (12.3), recording 71 pass-rush wins and 53 total pressures in the process. His pass-rush ability on third down was particularly impressive, as he recorded the third-ranked win percentage (21.8) and second-ranked pass-rush grade (90.1) on third downs throughout the regular season.

He has been one of the better DT's for a few years now and gets better every single year with his sack totals going up everytime.  This year he had 6 of them which from the Falcons isn't all that bad considering what else our D-line gives us lol.  Grady really hasn't had a ton of help around him to take doubles off of him as he takes them on the majority of the time and still produces at that high of a level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Classic said:

Is this the guy that had 6 sacks vs Cowboys that one time? If so he definitely deserves all that money.

As my pats friend said down below that was Clayborn and we actually signed him back this offseason to team back up with grady and the others lol.  This might be one of the deeper rotations we have had in awhile.

DE - Beasley, Takk, Clayborne, Crawford, Cominsky(drafted this year), and Odom - We are supposedly looking at Allen Bailey as well not sure how solid he is though?

Dt - Grady Jarrett, Tyeler Davison, Ra'Shede Hageman,  Dedrin Senat, , Michael Bennett <-- wouldn't mind adding another guy here to replace Bennett if we go 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

As my pats friend said down below that was Clayborn and we actually signed him back this offseason to team back up with grady and the others lol.  This might be one of the deeper rotations we have had in awhile.

DE - Beasley, Takk, Clayborne, Crawford, Cominsky(drafted this year), and Odom - We are supposedly looking at Allen Bailey as well not sure how solid he is though?

Dt - Grady Jarrett, Tyeler Davison, Ra'Shede Hageman,  Dedrin Senat, , Michael Bennett <-- wouldn't mind adding another guy here to replace Bennett if we go 5.

Allen Bailey would likely be a DT in a 4-3, not a DE. Doesn't have the speed or pass rush moves to play outside.

Otherwise, he's....okay. Better as a pass rusher than he is as a run defender. Strong bull rush but that's about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Not really he is a pretty bad dude as said we as fans were expecting closer to 19 or 20 mil.  He has made it on quite a few top 50 to 100 lists of nfl players  Think the highest he ever made it on one was like 17th or so.  He as Jaguarcrazy said doesn't get anywhere near the credit he deserves and usually just keeps quiet and works his butt off so you don't hear tons about him.  

I know PFF isn't the all being truth but he usually does very well on their site most the time also.  Here is a little bit on him from them

And despite his smaller frame, Jarrett has had high-end success in both run defense and rushing the passer. His 90.0 run-defense grade and 86.7 pass-rush grade rank eighth and fifth, respectively, among qualifying interior defensive linemen. He’s now earned 90.0-plus run-defense grades in back-to-back seasons.

Jarrett finished the regular season ranked fourth in pass-rush win percentage (16.6) and sixth in pressure percentage (12.3), recording 71 pass-rush wins and 53 total pressures in the process. His pass-rush ability on third down was particularly impressive, as he recorded the third-ranked win percentage (21.8) and second-ranked pass-rush grade (90.1) on third downs throughout the regular season.

He has been one of the better DT's for a few years now and gets better every single year with his sack totals going up everytime.  This year he had 6 of them which from the Falcons isn't all that bad considering what else our D-line gives us lol.  Grady really hasn't had a ton of help around him to take doubles off of him as he takes them on the majority of the time and still produces at that high of a level.

For a dt I k ow he could get to the qb, if he plays both the run and pass nearly equally well, this sure is, relatively speaking a barging for ththe falcons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×