Top 10 Interior D-Linemen/DTs heading into the 2019 season

TylerJaggi

9 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Thielen is capped. 

Can't say that I agree Diggs is at his ceiling just because he's been so poorly utilized. He's also a year younger than Adams. 

Good to see you Vegas, been awhile. 

Diggs certainly isn't at his ceiling.  In fact of the three I'd say he's the farthest from it.  Adams is getting close to being capped; he'll continue making incremental improvements and I think his numbers will go up as Rodgers returns to form, but he's basically what he's going to be I think.  I don't see a ton of room for growth there.  The body is maxed, he's at the age where he's not going to gain any speed or explosiveness, and his technique is already excellent in most areas.  He improved his ability to gain separation downfield on deep routes which was probably my biggest question early in his career; his stop and go to gain separation is incredibly effective on those sideline 9 routes.  

7 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

I read that first sentence at least five times before actually reading "endzone" instead of "redzone".  In that case, can't disagree with you on anything here.  I think their hands are not significantly different, but I'll grant you that in terms of what's valuable in the redzone I'd lean Diggs as well.  

I can't really disagree with anything here to the degree that it would be more than pedantic nit-picking, which I'm not into.  I think Adams still has a redzone lean, but I certainly agree Diggs should get more targets and is a weapon in there as well.  If you can't keep him jammed up at the line his body control and suddenness are easy money in the short area stuff.

Agreed. 

I just laid out my case for Diggs and I have zero issues if people prefer Adams to Diggs as long as they acknowledge both have similar levels of football talent. 

Let's just not act like: 

Adams 

TIER BREAK 

MVS (by the end of the 2019 season)

TIER BREAK 

Diggs

When we can't respect that other teams have talented players, it's not a good look. 

Edited by Cadmus
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

If I get 16 games of Diggs with Mahomes or 16 games of Adams with Mahomes.... I take Diggs every single time. 

You're spot on here with regard to how badly that offense floundered and misused him. 

I legitimately think Diggs would be a 90/1600/14 receiver in that Chiefs offense. The fact that his career YPR is like 12 is a horrifying indictment of the Vikings offense since 2015.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

I legitimately think Diggs would be a 90/1600/14 receiver in that Chiefs offense. The fact that his career YPR is like 12 is a horrifying indictment of the Vikings offense since 2015.

The only two players in the NFL that have been faster as ball carriers since they started tracking MPH are Tyreek Hill and DeSean Jackson.

The way the Vikings have used him is a crime against football. 

Edited by Cadmus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cadmus said:

When we can't respect that other teams have talented players, it's not a good look. 

This is one of the things I have the most trouble with with online fandoms of any kind.  It doesn't need to be us vs them when you're just talking about the players on the field.  Save it for game day.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

Diggs certainly isn't at his ceiling.  In fact of the three I'd say he's the farthest from it.  Adams is getting close to being capped; he'll continue making incremental improvements and I think his numbers will go up as Rodgers returns to form, but he's basically what he's going to be I think.  I don't see a ton of room for growth there.  The body is maxed, he's at the age where he's not going to gain any speed or explosiveness, and his technique is already excellent in most areas.  He improved his ability to gain separation downfield on deep routes which was probably my biggest question early in his career; his stop and go to gain separation is incredibly effective on those sideline 9 routes.  

Last year was Adams first year as the #1 receiver.  I feel like yes, his physical gifts are maxed out, but his role within the offense will grow even more than it did last year.  He will be moved around more.  Heck, even Rodgers said during the season that they needed to find more ways to get him the ball, or something like that.  

Could be my green and gold glasses, which I've been known to wear, but I think that 'Vante is going to get even better.

Interesting thing about that is that we may not see it in pure numbers if any of the young WR ascend or if Graham finally gets it together.