Who to Start/Sit Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

2 hours ago, RAVINGMADD said:

Who do I start in my flex? ( No PPR, standard yahoo scoring) 

Doug Martin vs NE tonight

or

Duke Johnson vs NYJ

Late now, but in non-ppr it should be Martin without question. Duke doesn't have nearly the value he does in ppr. 

10 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Isiah Crowell vs. Jets

Or

Latavius Murray @ Bears

Or

Tarik Cohen vs. Vikings

I'm probably going to say Crowell. I think that the game flow will be in his favor. The game shouldn't get out of hand one way or the other, so I think that Hue can keep running the football. I don't think that Crowell is very good, but I think the volume will be there, and if there's a game where he finally performs well, I have to think that this is the one. I'm unsure of Murray's role right now, not sure how many touches he'll get. Cohen has a tough matchup against the Vikings, so while he will get his customary touches, I'm not sure how much he will do with them. 

14 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Flex options for .5 PPR:

Joe Mixon vs Bills

Rishard Mathews vs Miami

Wayne Gallman vs Chargers (Perkins is OUT)

Jamaal Williams vs Cowboys (if Ty Montegomery is out) 

Probably leaning toward Mixon even though I don't love the matchup with Buffalo. He's the guy with the most guaranteed workload. Gallman is an interesting play if Perkins is out (hadn't heard that yet) - I don't know that he adds as much value in a ppr league as Mixon does though (despite the receiving touchdown last week) since Vereen is the true passing down back for the Giants. The Giants also tend to abandon the run very quickly when they only get 2 yards per carry because of that line, and I think even with Perkins out, the rushing down workload at best is a split between Gallman and Darkwa. Mathews I'm only considering if Mariota is playing, and even then, supposedly his hamstring is still causing issues, which may prohibit him from stepping into throws and the like, so it may be a very limited and run heavy gameplan even if he can go (and I believe that this is the week that Davis returns) 

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Picked up Mariota since Brees is on a bye but if he cant go who would you start/add?

Eli vs Rams

Palmer @ Philly

Rivers @ Giants 

A. Smith @ Houston

Dalton vs Buffalo

I'd rule out rivers (decent defense, west coast traveling east and early) and Dalton (limited upside and skillset, tough defense). Eli could be interesting, but i worry about the charger pass rush getting to him. So i think its palmer or smith. If you buy smith this year, then you can play him even against this defense. He's the second best qb in points i think, so obviously something is working, though they haven't played a top notch d yet. If you're still not sold on him, i think I'd go palmer. Bad eagles secondary, and volume volume volume. He's a lock to throw close to 45 times. If fletcher cox is out, that makes it even more appealing.

10 hours ago, Forge said:

I'd rule out rivers (decent defense, west coast traveling east and early) and Dalton (limited upside and skillset, tough defense). Eli could be interesting, but i worry about the charger pass rush getting to him. So i think its palmer or smith. If you buy smith this year, then you can play him even against this defense. He's the second best qb in points i think, so obviously something is working, though they haven't played a top notch d yet. If you're still not sold on him, i think I'd go palmer. Bad eagles secondary, and volume volume volume. He's a lock to throw close to 45 times. If fletcher cox is out, that makes it even more appealing.

I was thinking Eli. Palmer worries me a lot even vs Philly. Although i'm not confident in anyone here. Eli has had 2 20+ weeks in a row since Beckham has been back and 100%

10 hours ago, BillSabre said:

Need to start 3 in PPR

Demarco Murray @ Miami.    

Tyreek Hill @  Houston.  

TY Hilton vs San Francisco 

Devante Parker vs Tennessee 

Definitely Parker. He has had 3 straight 10+ games

I spent high picks on Murray in all my $ leagues but i think you gotta bench him. Has crossed the 10 point threshold just 1 time but Hill/Hilton have been targeted and will get more chances. Murray is really bugging me

1/2 PPR (extra points for 40+TD, 100yds,10 rec, ect...) need a Flex and help with at QB. Thanks for any and all input.

Pierre Garcon vs Indy

Jarvis Landry vs Tenn

Tarik Cohen vs Minny

Cam vs Detroit or Rivers vs NYG

Thanks again!

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

1/2 PPR (extra points for 40+TD, 100yds,10 rec, ect...) need a Flex and help with at QB. Thanks for any and all input.

Pierre Garcon vs Indy

Jarvis Landry vs Tenn

Tarik Cohen vs Minny

Cam vs Detroit or Rivers vs NYG

Thanks again!

I would go with Tarik Cohen of those three.  More catches on the season than Garcon and one less than Landry.  Add in the rushing (which is typically less volatile than receiving) and I think he's the play.  Tennessee's pass D is lacking, so Landry could be good as well.  I would rank them Cohen-Landry-Garcon, with 1-2 A LOT tighter than 2-3.

I go Cam.  The rushing potential always wins the discussion for me.

On 10/5/2017 at 9:33 PM, Forge said:

Late now, but in non-ppr it should be Martin without question. Duke doesn't have nearly the value he does in ppr. 

Late as well, but I think Martin is an easy start on a weekly basis now IMO.  

Archived