Who to Start/Sit Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

9 minutes ago, yellow_jeep said:

Wow... I have NO TE's... But I'm still in it. this week either Ben Watson vs Cleavland or Ricky Seals-Jones, vs Washington 

Any thoughts? Thanks

I say Watson. RSJ had those 2 good games but has come back to earth in the last 2 weeks. Watson has a great matchup against Cleveland so he is the play for me here.

29 minutes ago, tntitans4life17 said:

Honestly, I would go with all 3 WRs. Morris or Smith may have a good game, but its tough to predict which one. I think all 3 WRs have the higher floor over the 2 RBs. Rodgers coming back will be huge for Jordy and should get him back into the WR2 mix this week, even in a tough matchup against Carolina.

Wow you really think so? Even with how atrocious Oaklands defense is?

52 minutes ago, yellow_jeep said:

Wow... I have NO TE's... But I'm still in it. this week either Ben Watson vs Cleavland or Ricky Seals-Jones, vs Washington 

Any thoughts? Thanks

Watson in a walk for me. More trusted player / role, and far better matchup. Cleveland has just been dreadful against tight ends this year as a whole. 

22 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Wow you really think so? Even with how atrocious Oaklands defense is?

I think so man. My league is .5 PPR, so my scores I am about to throw out may be a little higher than yours, but I will add the stats as well. Since the suspension took place, Morris has ONE above average game. Week 13 against Washington he went off for 127 yards and a TD (his only TD during the suspension.) Smith had one great game last week with his 47 yards and a TD rushing plus 113 receiving and a TD. He has a rushing TD in 3 straight games which is a nice streak, but he hasn't cracked 50 yards rushing and the receiving came from mostly one play. His high in receiving prior to that game? 15 yards in 10 against Atlanta and his highest total points before last week? 11.8 (.5PPR) in week 12. So yes, there is upside there at the RB positions in Dallas, especially against Oakland, but both have been extremely hit or miss and its been more of a hot hand approach. If you are absolutely set on one of the RBs, go with Smith. He provides slightly more upside to me because of the TD upside.

I just think that the floor's for each of the WRs is higher than the floor for the RBs. Yes, Morris or Smith could score 20 points but they've both scored single digit points more than they've scored double digit points during the suspension.

Alright guys, time for some advice for myself. .5 PPR and here is my roster as of right now

QB-Bortles (I feel like we are all going to need a support group if he flops this week)
RB-Hunt
RB-Kamara
WR-Green
WR-Evans
TE- Watson
FLEX-Burkhead
FLEX-Woods
D/ST-Jags

On my bench I have:
Robby Anderson
Jamison Crowder
Dede Westbrook
OJ Howard
James Conner
Austin Ekeler

I am torn on my flex spots. I feel like I have to roll with Burkhead and his TD streak and goal line usage, but he only had 10 touches last week in a game that Gronk was out and NE was down in a lot. I know Pittsburgh is soft against pass catching backs so I think he is locked in for me but I could be swayed. After that, I like Woods as he was solid before the shoulder injury. But I am worried his injury may slow him down some in the first game back. I like Westbrook and think he is going to continue to see some high targets and TDs. His yardage totals have increased every week and the home matchup against the Texans is golden. Do I plug him in over Woods? Or do I get extra crazy and bench Evans for Westbrook?

45 minutes ago, tntitans4life17 said:

Alright guys, time for some advice for myself. .5 PPR and here is my roster as of right now

QB-Bortles (I feel like we are all going to need a support group if he flops this week)
RB-Hunt
RB-Kamara
WR-Green
WR-Evans
TE- Watson
FLEX-Burkhead
FLEX-Woods
D/ST-Jags

On my bench I have:
Robby Anderson
Jamison Crowder
Dede Westbrook
OJ Howard
James Conner
Austin Ekeler

I am torn on my flex spots. I feel like I have to roll with Burkhead and his TD streak and goal line usage, but he only had 10 touches last week in a game that Gronk was out and NE was down in a lot. I know Pittsburgh is soft against pass catching backs so I think he is locked in for me but I could be swayed. After that, I like Woods as he was solid before the shoulder injury. But I am worried his injury may slow him down some in the first game back. I like Westbrook and think he is going to continue to see some high targets and TDs. His yardage totals have increased every week and the home matchup against the Texans is golden. Do I plug him in over Woods? Or do I get extra crazy and bench Evans for Westbrook?

I'm looking at Woods and Westbrook as the same amounts of pts. With that said, Woods is a solid vet with a concern of the injury but I kind of feel the Rams were keeping him on ice for this matchup, so I would go Woods.

3 minutes ago, yellow_jeep said:

I'm looking at Woods and Westbrook as the same amounts of pts. With that said, Woods is a solid vet with a concern of the injury but I kind of feel the Rams were keeping him on ice for this matchup, so I would go Woods.

yeah, that's where I am leaning as well. My biggest concern is Evans. Its hard to bench him with the breakout game potential but he hasn't gone over 100 yards all season and hasn't scored since week 7.

6 minutes ago, tntitans4life17 said:

yeah, that's where I am leaning as well. My biggest concern is Evans. Its hard to bench him with the breakout game potential but he hasn't gone over 100 yards all season and hasn't scored since week 7.

I'm starting Evens in my Yahoo league... I was toying with the idea of benching him for S. Sheppard or Flexing Vernon Davis in now that Reed is out for the season... Also on the waiver is Westbrook, Agholor, Wallace and Tyrell Willams. But as of now, I cannot do it... 

16 minutes ago, yellow_jeep said:

I'm starting Evens in my Yahoo league... I was toying with the idea of benching him for S. Sheppard or Flexing Vernon Davis in now that Reed is out for the season... Also on the waiver is Westbrook, Agholor, Wallace and Tyrell Willams. But as of now, I cannot do it... 

Yeah, I am in that same boat. I really want to have the balls to bench him and go with Westbrook but the more I think about it, I can live with a loss if Evans throws down another dud but Westbrook has a solid game rather than benching Evans, him going off, and Westbrook not having a good game.

3 hours ago, tntitans4life17 said:

RB-Hunt
RB-Kamara
WR-Green
WR-Evans
TE- Watson
FLEX-Burkhead
FLEX-Woods
D/ST-Jags

On my bench I have:
Robby Anderson
Jamison Crowder
Dede Westbrook
OJ Howard
James Conner
Austin Ekeler

I will say something since you brought it up. IF...the Jaguars get ahead early, they do have a tendency to go conservative and trust that the defense will shut down the other offense.

Week 1 vs Texans was like that. Ravens in London. Steelers they ran the ball almost entire 4th quarter. Vs the Bengals. Browns. Even against Seattle they went into the ground late to protect the lead. 

That would be my concern as a Bortles owner, that a fast start could essentially take him out of the game.  They might look at it like they don't need to take unnecessary chances. 

13 hours ago, tntitans4life17 said:

I think you have to go Mariota as painful as it sounds. Like @Forge said, the potential for rushing TDs gives him the slight edge. Are there any QBs available on your waiver wire?

On 2017-12-12 at 11:23 PM, Forge said:

Honestly, neither is ideal. Over the last 4 or 5 weeks, the 49ers have been very tough on opposing quarterbacks fantasy wise. One of the best in the nfl, believe it or not. Now, quite a bit of that is because of who they played (Eli, Trubisky, Savage/Yates over that time period), but just something to keep in mind there. To me, there's something wrong with the Carr situation. I don't know what it is, but something isn't meshing. I'll probably lean more toward Mariota, but I don't like it. He's got the built in advantage of potential rushing touchdowns as opposed to passing touchdowns (if your league does 6 pt rushing and 4 pt passing), the 49ers don't generate a lot of turnovers (27th in interceptions, 25th in total takeaways, both worse than Dallas).

So waivers are up in a few hours and the best options appear to be Jimmy G and Nick Foles. The league is 6pt rushing TDs and so I've been going with Mariota for that reason last week when the early games ended and Carr only had 7-8 points I was elated thinking I made the right choice only for Mariota to have 1.5 points. It's been tough but the rest of my team is very good and I got lucky to advance as he had Brady in a down game plus 0 From Jimmy Graham and like 2.5 from Ginn I don't know if I can depend on that again. 

1 minute ago, kyle21121 said:

So waivers are up in a few hours and the best options appear to be Jimmy G and Nick Foles. The league is 6pt rushing TDs and so I've been going with Mariota for that reason last week when the early games ended and Carr only had 7-8 points I was elated thinking I made the right choice only for Mariota to have 1.5 points. It's been tough but the rest of my team is very good and I got lucky to advance as he had Brady in a down game plus 0 From Jimmy Graham and like 2.5 from Ginn I don't know if I can depend on that again. 

I'm not going to lie - those are actually pretty tempting guys on the waiver wire. 

12 hours ago, tntitans4life17 said:

RB-Hunt
RB-Kamara
WR-Green
WR-Evans
TE- Watson
FLEX-Burkhead
FLEX-Woods
D/ST-Jags

On my bench I have:
Robby Anderson
Jamison Crowder
Dede Westbrook
OJ Howard
James Conner
Austin Ekeler

Texans have been smoked by fast WRs. I could see Dede going off

Archived