Who to Start/Sit Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

25 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

in the semi finals thanks to my opponent starting jimmy g over big ben.  

need help choosing a wr2.    robby anderson or marquis goodwin.  im starting the titans defense vs niners.

I think Goodwin is the play here. Not sure what Anderson will do with Petty at QB and on the road in New Orleans likely lined up against Lattimore is a recipe for disaster.

5 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

need help choosing a wr2.    robby anderson or marquis goodwin.  im starting the titans defense vs niners.

No better options than the Titans? I’d go Goodwin, you know what you’re going to get with him which is heavy targets, and Bryce Petty sucks.

26 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

It's hard to believe I'm in the semifinals and am asking this question. Who do I start at QB Mariota vs SF or Carr vs Dallas?

Honestly, neither is ideal. Over the last 4 or 5 weeks, the 49ers have been very tough on opposing quarterbacks fantasy wise. One of the best in the nfl, believe it or not. Now, quite a bit of that is because of who they played (Eli, Trubisky, Savage/Yates over that time period), but just something to keep in mind there. To me, there's something wrong with the Carr situation. I don't know what it is, but something isn't meshing. I'll probably lean more toward Mariota, but I don't like it. He's got the built in advantage of potential rushing touchdowns as opposed to passing touchdowns (if your league does 6 pt rushing and 4 pt passing), the 49ers don't generate a lot of turnovers (27th in interceptions, 25th in total takeaways, both worse than Dallas).

5 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

I'd go Goodwin. He and Jimmy G seem to have a nice chemistry going, and to the surprise of a lot of 49ers fans, he looks to him often. You also don't lose much in the big play department if your league awards points for that. Anderson and Petty had some okay chemistry last year if I remember right (that was when I first took notice of Anderson), but I like the 49ers match up in this game, I like Jimmy G way more than I like Petty, and Goodwin has strong together some pretty nice game. The 49ers are also largely a pass first offense for the most part (3rd highest percentage of pass plays in the NFL). 

Standard scoring, I'm down by 1 going into this weekends games:

Pick 2: 

Marvin Jones vs Chi

Devin Funchess vs GB

Jordy Nelson @ Car

And also, who would you rather start this week for Dallas who is going up against Oakland? Alfred Morris or Rod Smith? Rod Smith has put up much better numbers than Morris over the last 3 weeks but doesn't get as many touches.

I also have the option of choosing the left out wide reciever from the first question for my flex.

Thanks in advance!

11 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

It's hard to believe I'm in the semifinals and am asking this question. Who do I start at QB Mariota vs SF or Carr vs Dallas?

I think you have to go Mariota as painful as it sounds. Like @Forge said, the potential for rushing TDs gives him the slight edge. Are there any QBs available on your waiver wire?

35 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Standard scoring, I'm down by 1 going into this weekends games:

Pick 2: 

Marvin Jones vs Chi

Devin Funchess vs GB

Jordy Nelson @ Car

And also, who would you rather start this week for Dallas who is going up against Oakland? Alfred Morris or Rod Smith? Rod Smith has put up much better numbers than Morris over the last 3 weeks but doesn't get as many touches.

I also have the option of choosing the left out wide reciever from the first question for my flex.

Thanks in advance!

Honestly, I would go with all 3 WRs. Morris or Smith may have a good game, but its tough to predict which one. I think all 3 WRs have the higher floor over the 2 RBs. Rodgers coming back will be huge for Jordy and should get him back into the WR2 mix this week, even in a tough matchup against Carolina.

Archived