Training Camp 2019

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Sounds like Denzelle Good came off the PUP and practiced a solid amount. Awesome, awesome news. 

Dude right? Music to my ears. Good was solid for us off the street last year. I'm not trying to jock him as a great player but with the Gabe news, its great to have a serviceable OG back in the fold.  Definitely need all the help we can get until Incognito returns from suspension.  Getting Gabe back after that will be a boon for sure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Vic posted his roster projection

Defensive tackles: 5

In: Johnathan Hankins*, Maurice Hurst*, P.J. Hall, Ethan Westbrooks, Anthony Rush

Out: Justin Ellis, Eddie Vanderdoes, Gabe Wright

In: Antonio Brown*, Tyrell Williams*, J.J. Nelson, Hunter Renfrow, Dwayne Harris, Keelan Doss

Out: Ryan Grant, Marcel Ateman, Keon Hatcher, Rico Gafford, De’Mornay Pierson-El

these were the interesting ones. Vic mentioned maybe the Raiders can move Grant for a late round pick. 

I found this interesting when I read it. The other day when I was wondering about DT I pondered whether Jelly could get cut. Similar to the WR prediction I made with Grant losing out to Doss due to price. Not that Grant will break the bank. Intriguing that VIc took that same point of view. Jelly would have a full dead cap hit ($4.75 M) but next year we'd save $4.5 M (source).

I suppose it all depends on how the coaches feel about the other guys we have. Too early to give up on PJ Hall, and he's not a scrub right now. Rush will likely get signed elsewhere. Westbrooks has earned a spot. Hurst is a lock. Coaches like Hankins. If our staff feels like they can replace Jelly's production with the other guys, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go. And I'd be ok with it, though slightly bummed because I like the guy.

Unfortunately I believe in the next 2 weeks we may see a rash of season ending injuries at the bottom of the DT and WR positions. This will sadly lead to the IR designation for one or two players at each position. Terrible...terrible news. Kind of like the punter situation a few years back. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I hope the UDFA Ingold, Doss, Rush get a lot of team against the Packer starters. If they look good, they make the team. if they struggle, keep the vets over them

Keith Smith was a major disappointment for us last season. Ingold should overtake him. Doss and Rush will be down to the wire but if rumors are correct from Vic, then both make it over more expensive vets.

• Like 1

I expected this to be the last year of Ellis on this team. Reasoning: salary and Hankins better player. I was expecting Ellis to Gabe Jackson to be let go for cap space next offense, but wouldn't be surprised if Ellis is waived sooner. I would have thought Gruden viewed Ellis and Hankins as the new Sam Adams and Parrella from the super bowl team. Two hogs stout against the run. Hankins injury away from not having a run stuffer in the interior if we cut Ellis. Big reason I want to see what Rush does against 1s

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Hopefully Good is good to go and can start at LG for those couple of games. 

Training camp is officially over now. Hopefully AB just stays around the team while the helmet issues gets resolved. 

Was gonna ask about this. Is it just general practices like regular season?