Training Camp 2019

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It's for the best. The pic of his feet the other day was damn disgusting. Pretty much shed a few layers of skin on his entire foot.

I've seen worse. His looked like over training 'past the pain threshold' but the worst I've ever seen was a close friend of mine who was a drummer. He explained it as being allergic to his own sweat but only his hands and feet reacted. Both would dry and crack for layers and bleed. Then blister, peel, heal and happen all over again. Fire chief now so all good but was nasty in high school/college.

This is from David Chao 

Judging from photos, the superficial layers on the soles of Brown’s feet were macerated from too much moisture. He likely has a superimposed infection that probably involves pseudomonas, based on the color and appearance.

Fortunately, this does not appear to be deep and involves mostly the “dead” skin areas on the sole of his feet. Therefore, it should be easily treatable and his return to play should occur well before meaningful games are played.

On 8/2/2019 at 5:18 PM, SilverNBlackFan said:

Khalil Mack was still absolutely great as a Rookie even though he only had 4 sacks. He did everything well but finish sacks. Freaking Joe Thomas compared him to LT after his rookie year. He was picked by every insider to be the breakout player of 2015. Everybody knew what he was and how great he was.

I guess it's possible that you were one of

On 8/2/2019 at 5:22 PM, NYRaider said:

Yeah, Mack only had 4 sacks but he was still elite as a rookie. He graded out as the top OLB in the NFL according to PFF. He was one of the best run defenders in the league, 6th in QB pressures, and 2nd to only JJ Watt in tackles at or behind the LOS. 

It's hilarious that people are trying to argue that Ferrell is a better player coming out of college. 

Well it's possible that you were both defending Mack his rookie year like I was, but your words about Ferrell say otherwise.  I'm not going back in the archives to find out, that'd be for you to prove.

The majority of this site was bashing Mack and calling him a bust "after" his rookie season.  You guys are doing the same thing to Ferrell before he has played a down.

12 minutes ago, true2form said:

Well it's possible that you were both defending Mack his rookie year like I was, but your words about Ferrell say otherwise.  I'm not going back in the archives to find out, that'd be for you to prove.

The majority of this site was bashing Mack and calling him a bust "after" his rookie season.  You guys are doing the same thing to Ferrell before he has played a down.

The difference between Mack and Ferrell going into the draft is palpable. Most thought Mack was deserving of a top 5 pick. Few thought the same of Ferrell. Ferrell doesn't have the goodwill Mack did coming in. Neutral to negative reports are going to seem worse for him, and he's not going to have as long a leash with the fan base.

5 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

The difference between Mack and Ferrell going into the draft is palpable. Most thought Mack was deserving of a top 5 pick. Few thought the same of Ferrell. Ferrell doesn't have the goodwill Mack did coming in. Neutral to negative reports are going to seem worse for him, and he's not going to have as long a leash with the fan base.

But, that's my entire freaking point.  None of what is happening now will determine whether a player is good in the preseason, regular season, or the rest of their careers.  It's a marathon and I get tired of the people who think it's a sprint.

I guess I'll just stop responding because no one is going to change.  Keep over analyzing every tweet guys.

15 hours ago, true2form said:
On 02/08/2019 at 10:18 PM, SilverNBlackFan said:

Khalil Mack was still absolutely great as a Rookie even though he only had 4 sacks. He did everything well but finish sacks. Freaking Joe Thomas compared him to LT after his rookie year. He was picked by every insider to be the breakout player of 2015. Everybody knew what he was and how great he was.

On 02/08/2019 at 10:22 PM, NYRaider said:

Yeah, Mack only had 4 sacks but he was still elite as a rookie. He graded out as the top OLB in the NFL according to PFF. He was one of the best run defenders in the league, 6th in QB pressures, and 2nd to only JJ Watt in tackles at or behind the LOS. 

It's hilarious that people are trying to argue that Ferrell is a better player coming out of college. 

I don't recall this to be honest, I think a number of people were a little underwhelmed with his statistical production (though his overall game was good) and I distinctly remember when JDR came in he said something along the lines of Mack has to convert the pressures into sacks moving forward if he wants to be considered elite and that the 4 sacks he had wasn't enough considering his talent. Of course Mack then exploded the next couple seasons.

With regard to Ferrell, obviously we're all expecting something very good and he has enormous shoes to fill. He'll always be compared to Mack due to the situation with the trade and Ferrell being a top 5 pick, whether that is fair or not who know's but I agree we should exercise a little patience as even the best edge rusher in the league did take a while to get going. I have a feeling that Ferrell will be a pretty good DE for us but we'll always feel slightly uninspired as we'll always be thinking back to Mack who was a once in a generation type player. 

On 8/5/2019 at 9:37 AM, Rich7sena said:

You had guys like Mayock saying they'd take Mack #1 overall that year. And most had Ferrell in the 15-25 range this year. It also hurt that we didn't get an athletic profile of Ferrell and he wasn't an elite athlete on tape. Plus he got a ton of favorable matchups in college playing with two other high first-round pick DT's. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You had guys like Mayock saying they'd take Mack #1 overall that year. And most had Ferrell in the 15-25 range this year. It also hurt that we didn't get an athletic profile of Ferrell and he wasn't an elite athlete on tape. Plus he got a ton of favorable matchups in college playing with two other high first-round pick DT's. 

You continue to fail to realize the impact Mayock made.

If Mayock was on NFLN instead of inside the Raiders front office, the "most people" you refer to wouldn't have had Ferrell in the 15-25 range. Mayock would have been on NFLN pounding the table as the 2nd best edge rusher behind Bosa and those "most people" would have followed suit like they do every year. 

Teams had Ferrell A LOT higher then Fans and Media. 

10 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I don't recall this to be honest, I think a number of people were a little underwhelmed with his statistical production (though his overall game was good) and I distinctly remember when JDR came in he said something along the lines of Mack has to convert the pressures into sacks moving forward if he wants to be considered elite and that the 4 sacks he had wasn't enough considering his talent. Of course Mack then exploded the next couple seasons.

With regard to Ferrell, obviously we're all expecting something very good and he has enormous shoes to fill. He'll always be compared to Mack due to the situation with the trade and Ferrell being a top 5 pick, whether that is fair or not who know's but I agree we should exercise a little patience as even the best edge rusher in the league did take a while to get going. I have a feeling that Ferrell will be a pretty good DE for us but we'll always feel slightly uninspired as we'll always be thinking back to Mack who was a once in a generation type player. 

Well I went back and looked a bit.  It wasn't the majority like I said, but there were quite a few unimpressed with Mack.  Either way, the point remains.  Give Ferrell a freaking chance to develop before labeling him as anything. 

I don't think it's fair to compare the two, especially since Ferrell is not part of the Mack trade.  We could have easily drafted Ferrell even if we had kept Mack.

40 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

You continue to fail to realize the impact Mayock made.

If Mayock was on NFLN instead of inside the Raiders front office, the "most people" you refer to wouldn't have had Ferrell in the 15-25 range. Mayock would have been on NFLN pounding the table as the 2nd best edge rusher behind Bosa and those "most people" would have followed suit like they do every year. 

Teams had Ferrell A LOT higher then Fans and Media. 

Not trying to argue but have not done the research yet but how does Mayocks big boards compare to how drafts turned out and how good was he?  Mayock had influence but I did not think of him as a market setter unless you are talking about casual fans that like the draft but do not watch real tape of the players.  Mayock would influence me but probably not the other big draft gurus as much.  Also @NYRaider point of Ferrell's athleticism on tape and being measured is a big enough red flag in my opinion to not take him top ten.  I like Ferrell and hope he becomes an amazing player but I felt the pick at 4 carried to much risk without measurables.  Top 10 picks need measurables and game tape.

Archived