Training Camp 2019

RaidersAreOne

One of the more important camp battles that no one is talking about is the Punter battle.  Townsand was terrible last season so competition was brought in and hopefully whoever wins can improve on last years punting numbers.  Both he and Cole punted well last night and averaged around 43 yards per punt.  Who do you guys think will win the job or do you not care?  #punterlivesmatter

10 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

One of the more important camp battles that no one is talking about is the Punter battle.  Townsand was terrible last season so competition was brought in and hopefully whoever wins can improve on last years punting numbers.  Both he and Cole punted well last night and averaged around 43 yards per punt.  Who do you guys think will win the job or do you not care?  #punterlivesmatter

I like cole. Hopefully he does enough to win the job. 

On 8/9/2019 at 6:56 PM, OldManWillis said:

With the injury to Jackson, I'm really hoping a player steps up at the OG position.  The lack of development in players such as David Sharpe and Denver Kirkland really is a testament to how poor a coach Cable is.

Kirkland had shown up before.  I'd be fine putting him at RG.  

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I think right now its Cole's job to lose but he can still lose

I agree, after watching Townsend all of last season I don't think the raiders want to endure another year with abysmal field position bc their punter sucks.  We were ranked dead last in average last season at 43.2.  

Sounds like Cole has a big leg, can kickoff if needed and can hold.  Townsend has his hands full but may the best man win, I hope it's Cole purely based on what I saw last season from Townsend.

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I am very excited to see how the DT and WR competition ends. We have more depth at either position than we have had in a very long time.

So we have Hall, Hurst, Hankins, Jelly, Rush, Vanderdoes, Westbrooks, and Wright as of now. Would we keep 6 DT'S?

Archived