Training Camp 2019

RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, true2form said:

Yeah, he looked like a solid NT against backups.  That's all I can say at this point.

And in a number of practices vs. starters. But I agree, it's too early to pencil him in as a lock at this point in time. But I don't think he would last long on a PS.

I'm eager to see if he can build off last week in ARZ.

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

And in a number of practices vs. starters. But I agree, it's too early to pencil him in as a lock at this point in time. But I don't think he would last long on a PS.

I'm eager to see if he can build off last week in ARZ.

Good stuff so far, I agree.  I'll be looking for consistency and for him to do it against someone he's not familiar with.  I don't give a lot of credit to guys for practices because they get familiar with who they're going up against.  Even practices against the Rams leading up to this game had some affect on the outcome I'm sure. 

Let's see what he can do against the Cards and see if he gets any reps against starting caliber players before we get to far ahead of ourselves. That's my philosophy for all players though.  

It's so nice to have enough competition to have us discussing how many we'd keep at a position and who'd we let walk and probably make another team. So use to the scrub days when our cuts left the NFL. 

Next season lets have this discussion with our DE's  :D

8 minutes ago, G said:

It's so nice to have enough competition to have us discussing how many we'd keep at a position and who'd we let walk and probably make another team. So use to the scrub days when our cuts left the NFL. 

Next season lets have this discussion with our DE's  :D

Talent is definitely up across the board after FA/draft. Hopefully they can all buy in to the systems and gel.

I don't think we're a playoff team due to our brutal schedule, but overall we should improve.

The battle between Doss and Grant is gonna be interesting in seeing who wins. I do think they're fighting for the last roster spot. I don't think Doss passing waivers is a possibility. Raiders don't have a lot of size at WR aside from Williams so having someone with size will be nice. You go with the experienced player or the young guy with some potential. 

51 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

The battle between Doss and Grant is gonna be interesting in seeing who wins. I do think they're fighting for the last roster spot. I don't think Doss passing waivers is a possibility. Raiders don't have a lot of size at WR aside from Williams so having someone with size will be nice. You go with the experienced player or the young guy with some potential. 

I'd much rather keep Doss on the roster. 

WR room of: AB (Elite #1), Williams (High-end #2), Nelson (Deep threat), Renfrow (Slot WR), Doss (Versatile backup/ST), Harris (ST) 

8 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Has Doss really shown enough to make another teams roster? I don't think so.

That said, because of the talent at WR with Williams, Brown, Nelson I'd keep the rookie with upside over the vet personally. Maybe you can get a late round pick for Grant somewhere. 

Also... where does Ateman factor in? He's got size as well. 2nd year in the system. Flashed in camp. Good news is, the top 4 are set.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Has Doss really shown enough to make another teams roster? I don't think so.

That said, because of the talent at WR with Williams, Brown, Nelson I'd keep the rookie with upside over the vet personally. Maybe you can get a late round pick for Grant somewhere. 

Also... where does Ateman factor in? He's got size as well. 2nd year in the system. Flashed in camp. Good news is, the top 4 are set.

A good problem to have.

I think Ateman is a PS type of guy this year. I rather have Doss over Ateman similar size but I think doss is faster and can play multiple roles where with Ateman I think he’s just an outside WR. 

I don’t think Doss has done anything to really separate himself from Grant but nether has Grant. 

Really happy to be proven wrong so far (though there is still a way to go) and that Williams and Nelson look like upgrades and will make the WR unit versatile and strong. It's a good sign that Ateman, Doss, Grant, Harris are all competing for what appear to be the last 2 spots. It could come down to who makes a few plays in the last pre-season game, something to be interested over.

Vic posted his roster projection

Defensive tackles: 5

In: Johnathan Hankins*, Maurice Hurst*, P.J. Hall, Ethan Westbrooks, Anthony Rush

Out: Justin Ellis, Eddie Vanderdoes, Gabe Wright

In: Antonio Brown*, Tyrell Williams*, J.J. Nelson, Hunter Renfrow, Dwayne Harris, Keelan Doss

Out: Ryan Grant, Marcel Ateman, Keon Hatcher, Rico Gafford, De’Mornay Pierson-El

In: Darren Waller*, Derek Carrier, Foster Moreau

Out: Paul Butler, Luke Willson. Brandon Barnes

these were the interesting ones. Vic mentioned maybe the Raiders can move Grant for a late round pick. 

Archived