Fiba World Cup 2019 Thread

NYRaider

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Who has pulled out for them? 

France will place in the tournament and has a chance to win it depending on what happens with the US. They have 5 NBA players on their roster and Theo Maledon who will be a top 5 pick in next years draft at PG.

Wiggins, Thompson for Canada

simmons for Australia. 

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Wiggins, Thompson for Canada

simmons for Australia. 

How could you forget your boy Anthony Bennett?

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

Walker

mitchell

tatum

love

drummond

wins easily. 

No it doesn’t. Not easily anyways. 

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

No, it really does... That starting 5 is head and shoulders above any other country. It’s not even close.

I disagree and if this ends up being the team USA sends they are certainly not a lock by any measure. 

USA is still obviously way more talented but some of the other teams teams do have advantages in chemistry, play style, etc. If we sent the best rookies from last year we would still be the most talented team but I wouldn't give us any chance of winning. 

25 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

I disagree and if this ends up being the team USA sends they are certainly not a lock by any measure. 

I literally don’t know how you can disagree with that. Even the other top teams have multiple starters who might be role players on a good NBA team.

Talent wise, it’s literally not close. Chemistry would be the biggest issue.

41 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I literally don’t know how you can disagree with that. Even the other top teams have multiple starters who might be role players on a good NBA team.

Talent wise, it’s literally not close. Chemistry would be the biggest issue.

Chemistry plus not overwhelming talent edge. I mean this is definitely a C squad. I don’t think you can just expect anyone to suit up and absolutely role anymore. 

59 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Chemistry plus not overwhelming talent edge. I mean this is definitely a C squad. I don’t think you can just expect anyone to suit up and absolutely role anymore. 

What you’re seriously underestimating is our B squad is still more talented than these other teams. Look at the rosters for the other top dogs. 4 out of 5 starters on most teams are role players on NBA teams. The only role players on team USA are Marcus Smart and Kyle Kuzma. 

Nicolo Melli is a great example. One of the best players for the Italian team, he’s a bench guy on the Pelicans... 

Edited by MookieMonstah

9 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

lol yeah in 2002 when Spain and Argentina had legit squads. Almost every dude on France is a role player on an NBA team. 

They have Rudy, two big NBA wings that can score, and a very good young PG.