Trade Zeke

KewlBeanz

21 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Because we thought we were in prime position for a superbowl with Romo. If given a redo - I bet we draft Ramsey or trade up for Bosa. 

11 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

They should've never drafted Zeke in the first place, it should've been Ramsey

Then we would be talking about not re-signing him because he's a me first guy and the insane money he's going to want. 

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Then we would be talking about not re-signing him because he's a me first guy and the insane money he's going to want. 

He's been a top 5 player at his position with no off the field concerns and plays a position that lasts longer than RB. I think most fans would lean more towards resigning him than against it. Plenty of CBs have that me first attitude in the NFL.

Edited by Tony7188

16 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

He's been a top 5 player at his position with no off the field concerns and plays a position that lasts longer than RB. I think most fans would lean more towards resigning him than against it. Plenty of CBs have that me first attitude in the NFL.

How many times has Byron Jones been the sole reason we won games.

He's a great luxury to have but don't get your necessities mixed up with luxury. Zeke is our bread and butter

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

Its like we learned nothing after we ditched D.Murray. 

And the Eagles lack of intelligence to use him in a proper offense fit for him which led to the downward trend of his career isn't a valid excuse btw.

We can't just plug in ANY RB in our offense. They need to be all around bell cows. 

Also no one picked RB in the top 10 for YEARS until we did btw. I'd say we created a new blueprint and it worked out for US. keyword US.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

From a cap and business standpoint it would make a great deal of sense to trade Zeke for the right offer. Taken 4th overall, won the rushing title twice in 3 years...I would say no less than a 1st and 3rd. RB is USUALLY a short shelf life position. We give him 5 years with stupid money, we get 2 years of Zeke and 3 years of salary cap hell and a half a RB due to wearing down.

Now, from a realistic standpoint. Without Zeke we win ish! That's about as simple as I could make it. Defenses HAVE to account for him which, really should open our passing game to a whole new level. The jury is still out with S.L. gone and wonder boy as our new O.C. not to mention Kitna helping Dak, combined with the return of Witten, a full year with Cooper, Gallup in his 2nd year and Cobb coming in for Beasley.

Without Zeke, defenses will simply come after Dak. He is not the most elusive or accurate of QB's. And that is just listing Zeke's value as a possible decoy. all those short yardage 4th and 1's that we are ALWAYS in, who is going to consistently pick that up???

No, Zeke IS the spark plug for this offense. Listening to offers and weighing his trade value and what it would save on the future cap, sure. You'd be a fool not to. But DAMN IT!!!! If it came to that, we would have to be shrewd as an Arab traded. Don't get hosed like we did in the Cooper trade. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

We can't just plug in ANY RB in our offense. They need to be all around bell cows. 

We went from a 4th rounder (murray) being the leading leader to...

A castoff in Run DMC being a 1k yard rusher in ~12 games starting to....

Zeke being the rushing leader to...

Alfred Morris being a 4.5 YPC/nearly 100 yards a game rusher

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

From a cap and business standpoint it would make a great deal of sense to trade Zeke for the right offer. Taken 4th overall, won the rushing title twice in 3 years...I would say no less than a 1st and 3rd. RB is USUALLY a short shelf life position. We give him 5 years with stupid money, we get 2 years of Zeke and 3 years of salary cap hell and a half a RB due to wearing down.

Now, from a realistic standpoint. Without Zeke we win ish!

Silly. Rush game has an extremely low correlation to winning.

That's about as simple as I could make it. Defenses HAVE to account for him which, really should open our passing game to a whole new level.

Also silly. Zeke hovers around league average for teams stacking the box against him. Teams dont try harder to stop Zeke than any other "legit" RB.

The jury is still out with S.L. gone and wonder boy as our new O.C. not to mention Kitna helping Dak, combined with the return of Witten, a full year with Cooper, Gallup in his 2nd year and Cobb coming in for Beasley.

Without Zeke, defenses will simply come after Dak. He is not the most elusive or accurate of QB's. And that is just listing Zeke's value as a possible decoy. all those short yardage 4th and 1's that we are ALWAYS in, who is going to consistently pick that up???

Did you read the article? Zeke is mediocre in situational football. And teams are already coming after Dak. 

No, Zeke IS the spark plug for this offense. Listening to offers and weighing his trade value and what it would save on the future cap, sure. You'd be a fool not to. But DAMN IT!!!! If it came to that, we would have to be shrewd as an Arab traded. Don't get hosed like we did in the Cooper trade. 

No he isnt. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

We went from a 4th rounder (murray) being the leading leader to...

A castoff in Run DMC being a 1k yard rusher in ~12 games starting to....

Zeke being the rushing leader to...

Alfred Morris being a 4.5 YPC/nearly 100 yards a game rusher

Silly. Rush game has an extremely low correlation to winning.

Also silly. Zeke hovers around league average for teams stacking the box against him. Teams dont try harder to stop Zeke than any other "legit" RB.

Did you read the article? Zeke is mediocre in situational football. And teams are already coming after Dak. 

No he isnt. 

Article? No I didn't and I don't care what it states.

I watch the damn games. I see Zeke's influence and importance in every game.

You say just about ANY back in the NFL gets those 4th and 1s?

Then why do they keep feeding Zeke?

Let's see, Dak Prescott, 4th and 1, sneaks the ball to the right side, doesn't get the 1st and fumbles.

No good.

If you lose Zeke, we are an 8 and 8 team at best.

We are 2 years away again and talking about the 2020 draft in October.

But you are entitled to your opinion.

Article? No I didn't and I don't care what it states.

I watch the damn games. I see Zeke's influence and importance in every game.

You say just about ANY back in the NFL gets those 4th and 1s?

Then why do they keep feeding Zeke?

Let's see, Dak Prescott, 4th and 1, sneaks the ball to the right side, doesn't get the 1st and fumbles.

No good.

If you lose Zeke, we are an 8 and 8 team at best.

We are 2 years away again and talking about the 2020 draft in October.

But you are entitled to your opinion.

Its not an opinion. Its verified stats. 

On 7/18/2019 at 3:16 PM, Matts4313 said:

We know — and the Cowboys should, too — that rushing is not nearly as important to winning in the NFL as passing. But rushing is still a part of the game, and situational running is still critical. A back who excels in high-leverage spots can be quite valuable. It could be the case that Dallas believes it has an advantage in crucial moments with Zeke on the field that helps justify re-signing him.

--------------------------------------------------------

Situationally, Zeke is profoundly average, but some perspective here is probably needed. Situational running, while important, is relatively rare. Around 5 percent of Elliott’s carries came in the red zone in 2018. Fifteen percent came in situations when the Cowboys were trying to close out the game, and 14 percent came on short-yardage runs in the open field. The majority of Zeke’s carries — about 65 percent — occurred in other situations. The problem is that those other situations turn out to be awful times to run the football.

----------------------------------------------------------

It sounds strange, but commanding bad rushing volume is really the only aspect of Elliott’s game that is truly elite. The Cowboys could believe that they have a generational talent at the running back position, and because of this faith, they overuse him.

It’s that overuse that’s the problem. Extending Elliott is the manifestation of an objectively poor offensive strategy. It isn’t just a terrible idea because the valuable portion of Elliott’s production — the situational part — is easily replaced by nearly any back talented enough to make a Week 1 NFL roster. And an early extension isn’t just poor risk management because between 20 to 33 percent of high-volume running backs will incur a serious injury in a given year, though that is also certainly true.6

The primary reason an investment in an overpriced, risky asset is truly awful is because it can impact play calling in the worst possible way. In an attempt to justify the overspend at the position, a team may be encouraged to run more and pass less. It’s the worst kind of curse, and the Cowboys seem eager to cast the hex on themselves.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Its like we learned nothing after we ditched D.Murray. 

And the Eagles lack of intelligence to use him in a proper offense fit for him which led to the downward trend of his career isn't a valid excuse btw.

Also no one picked RB in the top 10 for YEARS until we did btw. I'd say we created a new blueprint and it worked out for US. keyword US.

Trent Richardson was selected 3rd overall in 2012 and Todd Gurley was selected 10th overall in 2015. Just saying.

Okay, trade Zeke. What do you get for him?

Who do we get to run the ball?

If you get a 1st and change for him, how do you draft?

And please keep in mind, without Zeke we are now at least another year away from contention.

Edited by Rtnldave
👀