Trade Zeke

KewlBeanz

23 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

These type of contracts dont exist in the NFL (with very rare exception).

Is there some law or agreement that states they cannot??? If not, then I see no reason as to why they shouldn't. In short, Zeke gets paid as long as he keeps his nose clean and produces. That's fair.

Just now, Rtnldave said:

Is there some law or agreement that states they cannot??? If not, then I see no reason as to why they shouldn't. In short, Zeke gets paid as long as he keeps his nose clean and produces. That's fair.

Because players and agents dont accept them. And "fair" is relative. It might seem to make sense in a regular line of work, but athletes want as many guarantees as possible. Due to their unique skill sets, they tend to get them. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Because players and agents dont accept them. And "fair" is relative. It might seem to make sense in a regular line of work, but athletes want as many guarantees as possible. Due to their unique skill sets, they tend to get them. 

Understood. But given Zeke's off field issues and the rate at which his position regresses, if I were the Cowboys FO I would tell the agent take it or leave it. He gets his money, but not a free a ride. He has to continue to earn it. 

Unique skill set or not.  

Just now, Rtnldave said:

Understood. But given Zeke's off field issues and the rate at which his position regresses, if I were the Cowboys FO I would tell the agent take it or leave it. He gets his money, but not a free a ride. He has to continue to earn it. 

Unique skill set or not.  

I hear you. I am just saying that Zekes agent would 100% "leave it" in that scenario. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2019 at 3:28 PM, Rtnldave said:

Unique skill set or not.  

Then he will leave it. And eventually we will have to trade him. His AGENT will benefit Zeke not the ORGANIZATION. 

58 minutes ago, atran35 said:

Then he will leave it. And eventually we will have to trade him. His AGENT will benefit Zeke not the ORGANIZATION. 

Oh well, F#$% him! I'm tired of these "unique skill set" dill holes that think they are above the law, can dictate payment, act like morons, screw their team mates by holding out, talk a big game but CAN'T WIN A FRICKIN CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

Hey "Mr. my ish don't stink" deliver a title and then talk numbers. You still have a year left on your rookie contract. Individual achievement only counts in fantasy, you know, like slapping the bishop? This isn't fantasy, this is reality. You signed a contract, you are making crazy money already, compared to people who actually work for a living, honor it, deliver a title if you are so damn good, and then look for a bigger payday.

If the FO terms aren't good enough for you, go pound sand!

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

Oh well, F#$% him! I'm tired of these "unique skill set" dill holes that think they are above the law, can dictate payment, act like morons, screw their team mates by holding out, talk a big game but CAN'T WIN A FRICKIN CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

Hey "Mr. my ish don't stink" deliver a title and then talk numbers. You still have a year left on your rookie contract. Individual achievement only counts in fantasy, you know, like slapping the bishop? This isn't fantasy, this is reality. You signed a contract, you are making crazy money already, compared to people who actually work for a living, honor it, deliver a title if you are so damn good, and then look for a bigger payday.

If the FO terms aren't good enough for you, go pound sand!

Lol come on Rational Dave. Zeke is the best player on the Cowboys and has outplayed his contract. That is why he's looking for a new one. He wants to secure his one big payday at a position that doesn't last long. However this contract will be tricky to deal with as Zeke is far from a model citizen.

I think August 6th is the key here. If Zeke holds out past that day then this will get ugly. We need him if we want any chance of repeating as division champs.

With the way the new contracts are designed now to benefit teams with elite rookies this type is situation is going to happen a lot going forward with RB and QB.     

I understand to a point especially with RB who have a short shelf life they produce for cheap then need to get paid to balance the scales.  The problem is Zeke had so many problems unrelated to his production in field that it is a big risk to just open the check book and I too as a FA personal try to balance the books as well adding in a few incentives to off art the guarantees

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

I think August 6th is the key here. If Zeke holds out past that day then this will get ugly. 

Thursday was Jerry Jones' turn to talk to the media. The Cowboys owner said he's staying patient through Elliott's holdout, and isn't worried about not getting a deal done. 

"No, I don't consider it ... when have I ever not done one?" Jones said, via the team's official website. "You just keep plugging along. I don't want to see a cliché but it's what we tell these (players), it's one foot in front of the other and go. Do what you have to do on the next play and keep going."

20 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

Lol come on Rational Dave. Zeke is the best player on the Cowboys and has outplayed his contract. That is why he's looking for a new one. He wants to secure his one big payday at a position that doesn't last long. However this contract will be tricky to deal with as Zeke is far from a model citizen.

I think August 6th is the key here. If Zeke holds out past that day then this will get ugly. We need him if we want any chance of repeating as division champs.

I get it. I'm just tired of the inmates running the asylum.

What is a "big payday" anyway?

If you hit the lottery for 9 million dollars today, would you keep your job?

Or would you speak with your financial adviser, invest in a mutual fund or 403 B, or whatever and retire?

Don't know about you, but 9 million would set me up very well for the remainder of my life.

And I'm only 47.