Trade Zeke

KewlBeanz

51 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Trade him to Buffalo

They're like the one team I can actually see giving us something significant for him given that Tampa has no cap room and Houston has no GM.

edit: actually I think Baltimore could be in the mix, they're in pretty good cap shape with 3 more cheap years of Lamar

Edited by matt79511

49 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

They're like the one team I can actually see giving us something significant for him given that Tampa has no cap room and Houston has no GM.

edit: actually I think Baltimore could be in the mix, they're in pretty good cap shape with 3 more cheap years of Lamar

They also just signed Mark Ingram and paid a 3rd rounder for Justice Hill. They won't be trading for Zeke. The Bills also spent a 3rd on a RB. Tampa spent a second on Ronald Jones. Unless these teams are willing to piss away those investments, I doubt they make a move for Zeke. Zeke's market is basically nothing. 

• Like 1

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1993-09-17-sp-36152-story.html

Regardless of Smith’s performance on the field Sunday, his presence could have a calming effect on a team in turmoil.

The Smith-Jones stalemate appeared to take an ugly turn last Sunday when the Cowboys, forced to use rookie Derrick Lassic at running back, lost to the Bills, 13-10, at Texas Stadium. After the game, defensive end Charles Haley smashed into a locker room wall and screamed, “We can’t win with this rookie running back!”

Other players, including quarterback Troy Aikman, spoke out in support of Smith’s position this week.

“Obviously, when you have a guy like Emmitt coming in, a lot of people look at it as a victory for players in general,” guard John Gesek said. "(Smith’s signing) kind of diffuses the whole situation here.”

Jones denied that the Cowboys’ 0-2 start changed the tenor of the negotiations.

Smith, however, offered a different view.

“I honestly feel that if the team was 2-0, I possibly would not be here,” he said.

I'm late to this discussion but realistically who is going to trade for Zeke?  It would cost a club premium picks, possibly players, and then you have to sign him to a massive contract.  The market is limited.  When we signed Alfed Morris I said to myself, self the Cowboys have a ceiling as to what they will offer Elliott and this could get ugly.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

If that's the case, then no owners should be allowed to do the same.

Agree.  I always wonder why the average individual is jealous and angry towards players for the money they make,  but has little to no hostility towards owners.  No one gets upset when the 34 year old washed up wr that has 10mil/year non-guaranteed base salary  for the next two years gets cut.   Shouldn't the owner "honor the contract"?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Northland said:

I'm late to this discussion but realistically who is going to trade for Zeke?  It would cost a club premium picks, possibly players, and then you have to sign him to a massive contract.  The market is limited.  When we signed Alfed Morris I said to myself, self the Cowboys have a ceiling as to what they will offer Elliott and this could get ugly.

Yes.  I hear a lot of unrealistic people saying trade him and get (2) 1sts.    It's highly doubtful anyone would give up one 1st.    Not to mention,  you better have an agreed upon contract extension before you trade for him.  I have a feeling he is gonna miss a couple regular season games

13 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

They also just signed Mark Ingram and paid a 3rd rounder for Justice Hill. They won't be trading for Zeke. The Bills also spent a 3rd on a RB. Tampa spent a second on Ronald Jones. Unless these teams are willing to piss away those investments, I doubt they make a move for Zeke. Zeke's market is basically nothing. 

I mean Jones posted like 2 YPC last year, that's probably a sunk cost. I could see a team that wants to run the ball a lot this year like BUF or BAL being willing to bump those rookie 3rd rounders down the depth chart if Ezekiel Elliott is on the table.

In any case, we're definitely not getting a first for him, which makes the optics not worth it.

football players have a short  shelf life and less guaranteed money then the other major pro sports and their is a reason. Injuries more common.  A game day roster twice the size three baseball let alone basketball  

but anyway I don’t see us trading Zeke anytime soon mid early season trades when forced by the player  wouldn’t be in the Cowboys best  interest much like Steelers last year set the bar.  

I don’t know if Zeke felt he had more clout but if he is holding out to be the top dog then we’ll good luck but Jones has made it plain the Cowboys don’t plan on being market setters