2019 Fantasy "MY GUYS"

Dr LBC

I'll probably amend this some here and there as we get further into the actual preseason, but I figured we ought to start up a thread making cases for our "My Guys" (the guys you're probably going to own a lot of shares in this season and are willing to make reasonable - or greater - reaches to ensure having on your squad because you're expecting premium fantasy returns).

For me:

Dalvin Cook - I'm more than fine taking him anywhere in the 2nd round, and I'm value-protecting (similar to price-protecting in auction drafts) him in snake drafts, because I'd be scared as hell if a team that's able to land one of the elite RB1's with the first 4-5 picks in R1 is able to land him as their RB2 because they'll be juggernauts.  Will he play the full season is the operative question?  But in the 2nd, I'm willing to take that shot given that in Kubiak's scheme he has Top 3-5 RB upside.

Carson Wentz - You'll probably notice a theme starting to develop.  I'm close to projecting Wentz to lead the league in passing yards this season, but if he plays 15 games, I'm confident he finishes Top 5 in that respect either way.  And for where I can get him (typically as about the 8th-10th QB off the board), I'm really confident I'm going to end up with either him or Cam as the starter on almost all my fantasy teams this year.

Chris Carson - Depending on value, but I feel the same way about him that I felt about Marshawn Lynch last year (and, not to toot my own horn, but up until Marshawn went out with the injury to end his season, he was utterly steamrolling in fantasy relative to his ADP).  His ADP is going to be higher than where Marshawn's was last year, but I'm more than comfortable having him as my strong-floor RB2 because I'm confident in the touches being there.

Curtis Samuel - He's constantly been someone that I always end up in the late-middle rounds seeing on the board and feeling justified in make what "expert rankings" suggest is a round-early reach.  He already showed established chemistry with Cam, and yes, I know, DJ Moore, but for fantasy purposes, I like Samuel as the better option to consistently meet a WR3 floor week-to-week than I do Moore right now because of what I know of Norv's scheme and play-calling.  And that's what I'm looking for at this point in drafts.  Moore will probably give you the better Best Ball option, but I'll err on the side of Samuel's week to week safety especially in PPR formats.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

I'll probably amend this some here and there as we get further into the actual preseason, but I figured we ought to start up a thread making cases for our "My Guys" (the guys you're probably going to own a lot of shares in this season and are willing to make reasonable - or greater - reaches to ensure having on your squad because you're expecting premium fantasy returns).

For me:

Dalvin Cook - I'm more than fine taking him anywhere in the 2nd round, and I'm value-protecting (similar to price-protecting in auction drafts) him in snake drafts, because I'd be scared as hell if a team that's able to land one of the elite RB1's with the first 4-5 picks in R1 is able to land him as their RB2 because they'll be juggernauts.  Will he play the full season is the operative question?  But in the 2nd, I'm willing to take that shot given that in Kubiak's scheme he has Top 3-5 RB upside.

Carson Wentz - You'll probably notice a theme starting to develop.  I'm close to projecting Wentz to lead the league in passing yards this season, but if he plays 15 games, I'm confident he finishes Top 5 in that respect either way.  And for where I can get him (typically as about the 8th-10th QB off the board), I'm really confident I'm going to end up with either him or Cam as the starter on almost all my fantasy teams this year.

Chris Carson - Depending on value, but I feel the same way about him that I felt about Marshawn Lynch last year (and, not to toot my own horn, but up until Marshawn went out with the injury to end his season, he was utterly steamrolling in fantasy relative to his ADP).  His ADP is going to be higher than where Marshawn's was last year, but I'm more than comfortable having him as my strong-floor RB2 because I'm confident in the touches being there.

Curtis Samuel - He's constantly been someone that I always end up in the late-middle rounds seeing on the board and feeling justified in make what "expert rankings" suggest is a round-early reach.  He already showed established chemistry with Cam, and yes, I know, DJ Moore, but for fantasy purposes, I like Samuel as the better option to consistently meet a WR3 floor week-to-week than I do Moore right now because of what I know of Norv's scheme and play-calling.  And that's what I'm looking for at this point in drafts.  Moore will probably give you the better Best Ball option, but I'll err on the side of Samuel's week to week safety especially in PPR formats.

I have 3 of the four you listed on my list(Cook, Wentz and Samuel)

QB- If it isn't Wentz then its probably Winston for me. 

RB- Freeman, Fournette, Ingram, Josh Jacobs and Kerryon Johnson. In a perfect world, I can somehow roster 3 of these guys including cook.

WR- Dante Pettis, Christian Kirk, and Dede Westbrook

TE- If I miss out on the big three, I like Hunter Henry, Vance McDonald and Jared Cook. 

Really starting to like Cook and Damien Williams in that 2nd rd, especially if I go “safe” and take a stud WR in 1st.

James White in 5th is still good value.

Ending up with a lot of Amari Cooper in the 3rd...Robert Woods in the 4th as higher floor wr2 is $$$

At TE, I’m really liking either Mark Andrews, Jordan Reed or Jimmy Graham as very late no cost starting TEs.

19 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Really starting to like Cook and Damien Williams in that 2nd rd, especially if I go “safe” and take a stud WR in 1st.

Ending up with a lot of Amari Cooper in the 3rd...Robert Woods in the 4th as higher floor wr2 is $$$

At TE, I’m really liking either Mark Andrews, Jordan Reed or Jimmy Graham as very late no cost starting TEs.

Cook still scares me. Last year he wasn't that good running the ball at all and he seemed like he was constantly questionable

I'm surprised Calvin Ridley is rated so low right now

17 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

I like Andrews as a TE streamer with upside to maybe turn into something more consistent to start the season.  I'm not touching Jordan Reed with a 100-foot pole unless it's as a second TE in best ball league.  Legitimately, I'd rather roll out a Will Dissly or Jordan Thomas (though I'm more monitoring Kahale Warring in hopes he establishes some early chemistry with Watson because he fits the mold of the kind of TE Deshaun has targeted second only to Nuk in the end zone).

I'm waiting for things to shake down a little more in mocks to test stuff out.  Until he shows me otherwise, the value of AJ Green at the mid/end of the 2nd to early 3rd is just too good to pass up for a guy who is very much capable of putting up very good WR1 numbers.

18 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Cook still scares me. Last year he wasn't that good running the ball at all and he seemed like he was constantly questionable

I'm surprised Calvin Ridley is rated so low right now

New OC definitely will run the ball more...see the last month of last season.

OL should be a lil bit better...it’s just a matter of health for Cook.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The LBC said:

I like Andrews as a TE streamer with upside to maybe turn into something more consistent to start the season.  I'm not touching Jordan Reed with a 100-foot pole unless it's as a second TE in best ball league.  Legitimately, I'd rather roll out a Will Dissly or Jordan Thomas (though I'm more monitoring Kahale Warring in hopes he establishes some early chemistry with Watson because he fits the mold of the kind of TE Deshaun has targeted second only to Nuk in the end zone).

I'm waiting for things to shake down a little more in mocks to test stuff out.  Until he shows me otherwise, the value of AJ Green at the mid/end of the 2nd to early 3rd is just too good to pass up for a guy who is very much capable of putting up very good WR1 numbers.

Forget the exact stats but something along the lines of Reed avg 6-7 targets last year with about 5 catches per game...I know Redskins are a dumpster fire...however when healthy(very key word)...Reed is a fine starting TE, and very cheap.

Usually don’t like drafting 2 TEs but I’ve been doubling up at TE with a Reed/Andrews combo in very late rds.

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

13-19-16-11 doesn’t exactly make me think workhorse

Flip even dating back to his time in Philly, Oakland, and Cleveland seemed to constantly be tied with schemes that were content to operate via committee where you might see a lion's share go one particular direction, but it was a kinda small lion and often that tended to be because there wasn't a really dominant runner.

Now, I'm not making the case that Cook has shown to be a dominant runner in the pro's, but his best fit has always been in a zone scheme and Kubiak's scheme is notorious for getting quality fantasy production out of the likes of Steve Slaton and Mike Anderson, which were athletically limited players, and Cook is notably more athletic than that.  Then you look behind him and while he had Latavius Murray last season he's got a floor-over-ceiling rookie and Ameer Abdullah... and then a bunch of JAG's. 

3 hours ago, The LBC said:

Flip even dating back to his time in Philly, Oakland, and Cleveland seemed to constantly be tied with schemes that were content to operate via committee where you might see a lion's share go one particular direction, but it was a kinda small lion and often that tended to be because there wasn't a really dominant runner.

Now, I'm not making the case that Cook has shown to be a dominant runner in the pro's, but his best fit has always been in a zone scheme and Kubiak's scheme is notorious for getting quality fantasy production out of the likes of Steve Slaton and Mike Anderson, which were athletically limited players, and Cook is notably more athletic than that.  Then you look behind him and while he had Latavius Murray last season he's got a floor-over-ceiling rookie and Ameer Abdullah... and then a bunch of JAG's. 

I'm probably knocking him too much considering he is ranked just 11th and the guys shortly behind him all have their own concerns

Players that I'm higher on than their current ranking(Non-PPR) are:

Damien Williams

Sony Michel

Phillip Lindsay

Adrian Peterson

Mike Evans

Chris Godwin

Mike Williams

Robby Anderson

Larry Fitzgerald

Guys I have rated lower than their current ESPN ranking:

Leonard Fournette

Kerryon Johnson

James White

On 7/20/2019 at 9:19 PM, VIKINGS101011 said:

Mike Williams. With Tyrell Williams out he’s the clear #2 behind Allen. 

Aren't you worried about Hunter Henry coming back? Tyrell only had 65 targets last year and you'd think that HH would get more than that (especially in the redzone).

3 hours ago, JonStark said:

Aren't you worried about Hunter Henry coming back? Tyrell only had 65 targets last year and you'd think that HH would get more than that (especially in the redzone).

He could but Mike is much more talented than Tyrell. He could still get 900-8. Plus its tough to fully trust Allen to be healthy 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm probably knocking him too much considering he is ranked just 11th and the guys shortly behind him all have their own concerns

Admittedly, my faith in him is more in the coaching staff/system's track record and that (injuries aside) his path to a heavy glut of the touches (I'll prioritize touches - bites of the apple - when it comes to RB's) is very much there.  On paper, this would seem really similar to Damian Williams except that where Williams doesn't have the injury history, he does have Carlos Hyde breathing down his neck and, IMO, a threat to vulture touches away.