Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

57 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

The ship has sailed on Kaepernick.  He hasn't played in 3 seasons.  Pick Kizer or Boyle, put Wilkins on the PS, draft a QB in the first or second next year.

This has nothing to do with Kap but expecting a guy who hasn't played football on that long to come back and be able to play like anyone remembers....

Not happening.

I'm glad we ***** about backup QB, means we have a starter.. Focus on keeping him healthy and a line that can with an offense that doesn't put him at risk. And that's on him to be smart too. 

Edited by Norm

Just now, Norm said:

This has nothing to do with Kap but expecting a guy who hasn't played football on that long to come back and be able to play like anyone remembers....

Not happening.

Micheal Vick might be the closest thing I can remember after a hiatus from the league. Tho after 2010 he played pretty bad 

26 minutes ago, Norm said:

Not happening.

I'm glad we ***** about backup QB, means we have a starter.. Focus on keeping him healthy and a line that can with an offense that doesn't put him at risk. And that's on him to be smart too. 

It looks like the woman he has decided to live his life with has still decided that she doesn't want him playing football. Which is fine if she'd just be more upfront about it. He HAS to look at the Ravens debacle with regret at this point.

Edited by HyponGrey

14 minutes ago, HyponGrey said:

It looks like the woman he has decided to live his life with has still decided that she doesn't want him playing football. Which is fine if she'd just be more upfront about it. He HAS to look at the Ravens debacle with regret at this point.

Why? Dude's getting paid. All the great things about an NFL career without the potential for him to get crippled.

51 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why? Dude's getting paid. All the great things about an NFL career without the potential for him to get crippled.

I mean he gets all the money but doesn’t have to work... pretty sweet gig if you can land it. I will say though that I identify those who don’t have a drive and dedication to pursue their self advancement everyday as a character flaw

1 minute ago, TheGreatZepp said:

I mean he gets all the money but doesn’t have to work... pretty sweet gig if you can land it. I will say though that I identify those who don’t have a drive and dedication to pursue their self advancement everyday as a character flaw

While I think it's undeniable that Kaepernick had no idea what his sitting would spiral into, and he was just trying to play an unrecognizable and tumultuous situation as best he could, I don't doubt for a minute that he's driven to advance the causes he advocates for.

And if not well:

Image result for woody harrelson money gif

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

While I think it's undeniable that Kaepernick had no idea what his sitting would spiral into, and he was just trying to play an unrecognizable and tumultuous situation as best he could, I don't doubt for a minute that he's driven to advance the causes he advocates for.

And if not well:

Image result for woody harrelson money gif

I think he’s more myth and fokelore at this point. He made a donation pledge, which he did honor but was repaid many times over by Nike and.... since then, he’s basically kept to just posting on social media

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGreatZepp said:

I think he’s more myth and fokelore at this point. He made a donation pledge, which he did honor but was repaid many times over by Nike and.... since then, he’s basically kept to just posting on social media

As opposed to what? A Civil Right's Hero? or a Traitor to Traditional American Values? He's neither of those things.

He's a guy who wanted to make a political point because he believed that too many unarmed black people were getting shot by police. He had no idea that the entire country was going to freak the **** out about it. He's been trying to ride the tsunami of media coverage that he's been on since this thing started. 

• Like 1

Also, the terms of his settlement with the NFL have not been disclosed, right? It wouldn't surprise me at all if they included a clause forbidding Kap from playing in the league. I doubt the NFL wants to rekindle this whole stuff with Kap on the field during the anthem.

I was in the minority then, and probably in the minority now. I back the NFL 100% on this. Sports is entertainment. Sports is an escape. Kneeling, sitting, armband, headband, whatever it is, I don't want to see it as part of my entertainment. If you want to speak out on something, go on Oprah. If I give a damn about your opinion, I'll tune in. Otherwise, stay out of my sports. And before you say it, yea, stay off my lawn.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Packer_ESP said:

Also, the terms of his settlement with the NFL have not been disclosed, right? It wouldn't surprise me at all if they included a clause forbidding Kap from playing in the league. I doubt the NFL wants to rekindle this whole stuff with Kap on the field during the anthem.

So Kap brings a collusion case against the NFL declaring that he's being barred from gainful employment based on his expressing his 1st Amendment Rights and the settlement he reaches with the NFL basically does just that (?) bars him from gainful employment? You're actually connecting those dots? They better have turned over a whole truckload of cash, gold bouillon, oil and cash stocks up the ying yang......and a lifetime of Applebee's gift cards for Kap to consider that a victory worth settling for.  

Edited by Leader

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

I was in the minority then, and probably in the minority now. I back the NFL 100% on this. Sports is entertainment. Sports is an escape. Kneeling, sitting, armband, headband, whatever it is, I don't want to see it as part of my entertainment. If you want to speak out on something, go on Oprah. If I give a damn about your opinion, I'll tune in. Otherwise, stay out of my sports. And before you say it, yea, stay off my lawn.

The thing is, it doesn't matter what you think or say. It only matters what your dolla dolla bills say

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Leader said:

So Kap brings a collusion case against the NFL declaring that he's being barred from gainful employment based on his expressing his 1st Amendment Rights and the settlement he reaches with the NFL basically does just that (?) bars him from gainful employment? You're actually connecting those dots? They better have turned over a whole truckload of cash, gold bouillon, oil and cash stocks up the ying yang......and a lifetime of Applebee's gift cards for Kap to consider that a victory worth settling for.  

It was what, $72 million dollars?

And it wasn't about violating first amendment rights. The First amendment doesn't protect your private employer from firing you for things said publicly.

It's illegal for different businesses (and in these cases, and in legal terms, each team is it's own business) from talking to each other and conspiring not to hire someone when these businesses should in fact be in competition. That's where the illegal action occurred.

It's not illegal for the NFL's representation to put forward as part of the settlement that Kaepernick will not sign with any of the 32 teams and will not discuss publicly the possibility.

5 hours ago, cannondale said:

Yup, I'm on the same page.  Nike paid this guy to keep stirring the pot.  It's all about the dollars and I haven't purchased a Nike item in years.  That's my way of saying stay off my lawn.  

• Like 1