Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Why do you keep bringing up the same inapplicable small sample size? Look at Hundley's first 50 passes, and that's after years in the system. Hundley is an average backup QB in this league.

To come into a game cold and without being involved in any game planning or practice with the 1s and be good doesn't happen.

****, did they lock him outside in the snow?

I've been told with some frequency this offseason about how we can't blame Rodgers for his performance last year because he couldn't practice on Wednesday's and Thursdays which hurt his preparation. Now I'm being told Kizer wasn't involved in game planning or getting practice with the 1s?

Did they cancel practice and send everybody home?  

20 minutes ago, Norm said:

Hundley actually looked pretty good to me when I watched him the other night. Maybe they're both "average." But at least we traded Hundley FOR pick instead of a super efficient tackling starting caliber safety. ;)

Geeeeezzzzzzzzz Norm, when are you ever going to accept that DR was never considered to be a Safety with Green Bay. There was no "well maybe he'll be moved to Safety for his second contract with Green Bay" chatter within the organization. It didnt exist. You're referring to DR in the past tense AS IF it was in the cards. It wasnt. Not until CLE drafted for him. It's all rear view mirror stuff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Geeeeezzzzzzzzz Norm, when are you ever going to accept that DR was never considered to be a Safety with Green Bay. There was no "well maybe he'll be moved to Safety for his second contract with Green Bay" chatter within the organization. It didnt exist. You're referring to DR in the past tense AS IF it was in the cards. It wasnt. Not until CLE drafted for him. It's all rear view mirror stuff. 

The biggest reason he didn't get a shot was that he wasn't going to fit into Pettine's scheme with HaHa in that high safety role. 

Doesn't look great right now. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

The biggest reason he didn't get a shot was that he wasn't going to fit into Pettine's scheme with HaHa in that high safety role. Doesn't look great right now. 

Whatever the reason. It's irrelevant. Whats so hard to get a handle on here?

DR played himself off the team.

Agree with the decision. Disagree with the decision. THAT was the decision  -  BEFORE any possible move to Safety was (or became) a thought or consideration or possibility. He was drafted to fill a hole. We didnt have any holes (be it personnel or contract) at Safety. 

Kizer was an entirely separate transaction or positional consideration: to chase Hundley out of here.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Whatever the reason. It's irrelevant. Whats so hard to get a handle on here?

DR played himself off the team.

Agree with the decision. Disagree with the decision. THAT was the decision  -  BEFORE any possible move to Safety was (or became) a thought or consideration or possibility. He was drafted to fill a hole. We didnt have any holes (be it personnel or contract) at Safety. 

Kizer was an entirely separate transaction or positional consideration: to chase Hundley out of here.

You're going to look me in the eye and tell me that we drafted a guy who was playing Safety at Arizona State, and the thought never once occured to our coaching staff to play the man at Safety?

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

ToT liked your post. Delete your account in shame.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You're going to look me in the eye and tell me that we drafted a guy who was playing Safety at Arizona State, and the thought never once occured to our coaching staff to play the man at Safety?

Actually I'll probably never get to look you in to the eye - but - if I ever do, I promise I'll try to remember to tell you thats exactly the case. Based on his use history at Green Bay - and the fact NOBODY within the organization was going on record about that possibility - then yes. Thats exactly the case.

Did some coach have the thought at some time? A Wizard I am not. Regardless, if they did, they never formulated or presented a plan to the public - so far as BOTH you and I are concerned - the thought never existed.

Again: "He was drafted to fill a hole (CB) and thats where HIS ENTIRE HISTORY AT GREEN BAY TOOK PLACE. We didnt have any holes (be it personnel or contract) at Safety"

Edited by Leader

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Actually I'll probably never get to look you in to the eye - but - if I ever do, I promise I'll try to remember to tell you thats exactly the case. Based on his use history at Green Bay - and the fact NOBODY within the organization was going on record about that possibility - then yes. Thats exactly the case.

Did some coach have the thought at some time? A Wizard I am not. Regardless, if they did, they never formulated or presented a plan to the public - so far as BOTH you and I are concerned - the thought never existed.

Again: "He was drafted to fill a hole (CB) and thats where HIS ENTIRE HISTORY AT GREEN BAY TOOK PLACE. We didnt have any holes (be it personnel or contract) at Safety"

Leader...

“I think that’s his natural position. I think we all recognize that. Him playing as much corner for us was the best thing for our defense at the time, with Morgan (Burnett) and Ha Ha (Clinton-Dix) and really utilizing the players the best way we can,” McCarthy said, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “Obviously, we’ve had issues outside with corners staying healthy the last two years and that’s a product of him playing out there, and he played it well when he was healthy, when he stays in the game.”

You said he was never considered a safety here, except the HC says it was his best position, it just didn't work out. They obviously knew he was a solid safety fit, this isn't a tinfoil hat conspiracy that you needed to be a mind reader to figure out.

Edited by Norm

17 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The biggest reason he didn't get a shot was that he wasn't going to fit into Pettine's scheme with HaHa in that high safety role. 

Doesn't look great right now. 

Guess it depends on how you want to allocate your resources. Would you rather spend 8-10m on Randall long-term or use a 1st on Savage? Both fairly expensive hits for the position. Savage has the higher ceiling to me by a good margin so I'm fine how we ended up.

Look what the guy with the extremely stupid opinion of Rodgers back issue posted in the Bears thread: 

So I posted in Packers forum that I suspected, but didn’t know,  that Rodgers sat out that preseason game with a ‘hurt’ back because he didn’t want to play in preseason despite his coaches wishes.  

I said it was consistent with Rodgers sending subtle messages to coach to express his displeasure with decisions he disagrees with. 

You would think I just blasphemed the Lord and uttered a crazy kook theory that couldn’t possibly be true in slightest. 

They said they read my posts on the forum and everything I say is worthless garbage and I should be banned from the site for saying what I said. 

Sheesh. 

Edited by Spartacus

22 minutes ago, Leader said:

The fact that Hyde and Randall weren't put in a position to succeed here is probably why our entire defensive staff from that time is gone. 

I watched Randall make that play on the ball in the Seattle game where Wilson threw a million INTs and immediately said "this guy is still a safety" and a majority of the people on here disagreed, which is ironic seeing where we stand now on the Randall subject.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Leader...

“I think that’s his natural position. I think we all recognize that. Him playing as much corner for us was the best thing for our defense at the time, with Morgan (Burnett) and Ha Ha (Clinton-Dix) and really utilizing the players the best way we can,” McCarthy said, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “Obviously, we’ve had issues outside with corners staying healthy the last two years and that’s a product of him playing out there, and he played it well when he was healthy, when he stays in the game.”

Great. Somebody mentioned his history at Safety. WOW. The bulk of his comment supports *to a T* what I've been saying. Thank-you for the confirmation.

Can we move on now please?  I mean seriously. When is this itch going to become "unscratchable" for you? You have to recognize its a totally circular discussion and the circles been traveled more times than I care to consider. Its never going to change. It's always going to be a circle.

Some might characterize it a hamster wheel and I dont consider myself a hamster.

Just now, Leader said:

Great. Somebody mentioned his history at Safety. WOW. The bulk of his comment supports *to a T* what I've been saying. Thank-you for the confirmation.

Can we move on now please?  I mean seriously. When is this itch going to become "unscratchable" for you? You have to recognize its a totally circular discussion and the circles been traveled more times than I care to consider. Its never going to change. It's always going to be a circle.

Some might characterize it a hamster wheel and I dont consider myself a hamster.

I have nothing better to do though...

• Like 2