Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

1 minute ago, chillparsi1 said:

I'd think we'd just lean more heavily on Jamaal then, a little extra vitale too. Also, if Carson's biggest value is that he knows our playbook I feel there's a solid chance he might be around for us to PS or just grab off the street. 

Good chance he is. Which is why this conversation shouldn't be happening. There's going to be 30 Carsons running around next week

I have to assume that means Bolton will be fine otherwise I think they would'v kept Jones.

Straight away looking at that list of RBs three names pops out for me in terms of potential good fit for our system:

Yeldon, McGuire and Dixon.

I suspect Gute is trying to make a player for player trade rather than giving up a draft pick. Draft picks are the lifeblood of Green Bay and he would be stupid to give them away considering he was unable to get anything for Mike Daniels and Josh Jones. Giving up a draft pick for a backup RB is not a smart move. He just needs to be patient and wait till final cuts and pick someone up then.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Reaper said:

Perhaps this dude will get some snaps next game to keep the presumed new starter off the field

I mean we have no other "starter." Burks is out for a while and even if Bolton is okay, I'm assuming he's out for a few weeks, not that he was starter material anyways. Are we going to start Crawford or Summers alongside Martinez Week 1? If so, if I'm the Bears I might not throw the ball once. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean we have no other "starter." Burks is out for a while and even if Bolton is okay, I'm assuming he's out for a few weeks, not that he was starter material anyways. Are we going to start Crawford or Summers alongside Martinez Week 1? If so, if I'm the Bears I might not throw the ball once. 

Crap forgot Bolton was injured either way if I’m the bears I’m attacking that position every drive. Not every play but I’m going to try and exploit that as an obvious weakness. I wonder if the packers play a weird or modified nickel with a safety vice 2lb like we expected with Jones. So would that be Green? Getting the start?

19 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Go get me Corey Clement please

from a well rounded capable guy, he's easily the best.  3 down back with limited pizzaz.

Kenneth Dixon is easily the most impressive NFL player on that list I've seen, but has had some suspensions and issues as well.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

from a well rounded capable guy, he's easily the best.  3 down back with limited pizzaz.

Kenneth Dixon is easily the most impressive NFL player on that list I've seen, but has had some suspensions and issues as well.

Carlos Hyde could probably be had on the cheap from KC.  2018 wasn't kind, but he was a good all around back in San Fran in 2016 & 2017.  I always liked his skill set.  He's soon to be 29 .. not sure what he has left, but he seems to be falling behind in KC.

So the new guy, James Folston, has been listed as a safety, defensive end, and linebacker between Pitt and the Arizona Cardinals. 

He was an UDFA.

I was hoping the cavalry was riding in to save the day at linebacker. This sounds more like a guy riding in on a moped with a bugle. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uffdaswede said:

So the new guy, James Folston, has been listed as a safety, defensive end, and linebacker between Pitt and the Arizona Cardinals. He was an UDFA. I was hoping the cavalry was riding in to save the day at linebacker. This sounds more like a guy riding in on a moped with a bugle. 

CHTV: Folston, a 6'3" 240 lb linebacker, was motly a reserve defensive end at the University of Pittsburgh. Folston was signed by the Arizona Cardinals as an Undrafted Free Agent before being released and also spent some time with the Tennessee Titans.

Apparently, he's a high RAS guy as well.

The other signing: Cornerback Jocquez Kilili.
Kalili, a 5'10" 1805lb cornerback from UNLV, was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars as an Unsigned Free Agent but waived in the first week of training camp. Kalili was known for his hard hits, earning him the nickname, "the missle."