Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Is there really so significant of a difference between an ILB and a safety who spends every snap in the box? 

Look at how dime heavy we were against the Bears in week 1. We had a defensive back in the box on like every snap.

I was there. I kept seeing HaHa tell Brice stuff before every play and then he'd cheat up about 2 yards behind the ILB's while Brice dropped back awaiting any deep play.

On 8/25/2019 at 6:42 PM, ReadyToThump said:

I thought he played well down the stretch last year.

On 8/25/2019 at 5:24 PM, cannondale said:

This guy won't fit into anything

He'll fit into creating a horizontal wall to block receivers. How fun would that be to watch? We could just stick him on whichever side of the field lines up more receivers and then send 7 guys after the QB...

4 hours ago, Joe said:

I was there. I kept seeing HaHa tell Brice stuff before every play and then he'd cheat up about 2 yards behind the ILB's while Brice dropped back awaiting any deep play.

I thought he played well down the stretch last year.

He'll fit into creating a horizontal wall to block receivers. How fun would that be to watch? We could just stick him on whichever side of the field lines up more receivers and then send 7 guys after the QB...

This guy will be in a big role early on. Kid can play, he will be on the field a lot when burks is gone.

Greene.

He's the one UDFA safety we've had in like forever that I"m confident actually took a step forward in his second year.

Seems like we usually have a guy or two like this...and they fail.

I'm pretty skeptical about this guy.  Looks to play fast, physical and confident.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Greene.

He's the one UDFA safety we've had in like forever that I"m confident actually took a step forward in his second year.

I'm pretty skeptical about this guy.  Looks to play fast, physical and confident.

He definitely showed up when least expected last year. I hope he can continue to improve as a box Safety, especially in the run game so when he makes a stop we can say "that's so Raven".......ok that was bad nvm...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Joe said:

He definitely showed up when least expected last year. I hope he can continue to improve as a box Safety, especially in the run game so when he makes a stop we can say "that's so Raven".......ok that was bad nvm...

To me, he looks bigger this year.  Thicker.  And he's faster.  I think he can be in the box, but I"m guessing that is where we will see Amos.  Greene, though, i think will see some PT in 3 safety looks.  Thinking Savage can be a cover guy in a set like that.

Either way, I like the versatility that he brings to the defense.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Greene.

He definitely took hold of the safety 3 position, in the games at least. Solid but unspectacular. Broke down on ball carriers and stopped them in their tracks from the safety spot. Didnt get much of a chance to see him deep third but we shouldn't ever have to. I dont expect him to be special but he looks at least solid so far.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Greene.

We definitely need it because it sounds like he's entrenched as the dime LB/third safety. A lot being put on this shoulders and hopefully he's ready. 

• Like 1