Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

27 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'd actually not looked at the specifics of it........but Jmo sticking (projected) doesnt surprise me too much. Outside of his confidence / hands last year - I think he's got the quicks and speed over Kumerow. Gotta prove himself this TC.

Not having ever seen Ficken kick......I've no clue how he stacks up to Crosby.

We'll see.  Moore looked awful last year.  His lack of versatility, his hands and his route running was awful.  Kumerow is no slouch athletically. If there's a gap, i'm not sure it's going to make up for the significant difference there is in route running and hands.  I think JM is gonna have to blow the socks off people this TC/ PS.  He's got an uphill battle given Rodger's eagerness to talk about Jake and the fact that he's at the bottom of the depth chart of a relatively young WR core.  Don't believe Green Bay is in the situation where they'd have to pick youth over talent at WR.  

Edited by SSG

6 minutes ago, SSG said:

We'll see.  Moore looked awful last year.  His lack of versatility, his hands and his route running was awful.  Kumerow is no slouch athletically. If there's a gap, i'm not sure it's going to make up the significant difference in route running and hands.  We'll see, I think JM is gonna have to blow the socks off people this TC/ PS.  He's got an uphill battle given Rodger's eagerness to talk about Jake and the fact that he's at the bottom of the depth chart of a relatively young WR core.  Don't believe Green Bay is in the situation where they'd have to pick youth over talent at WR.  

J'Mon only had 74 offensive snaps last year. I'd pump the brakes on calling it quits on him.

17 minutes ago, SSG said:

We'll see.  Moore looked awful last year.  His lack of versatility, his hands and his route running was awful.  Kumerow is no slouch athletically. If there's a gap, i'm not sure it's going to make up for the significant difference there is in route running and hands. 

I'm most interested in the hands part of that equation. Assessments (or criticism) of route running by social media folks.....unless coming from an actual / verifiable team or media source.....dont carry much weight with me. It's an easy box to check for "unverifiable" criticism. Obviously Jmo has to catch the ball. Thats a simple given. Again - 2019 is here and its time to prove themselves. We'll see.

Just now, Fl0nkerton said:

J'Mon only had 74 offensive snaps last year. I'd pump the brakes on calling it quits on him.

Who's calling it quits on him?  Just becasue I'm being real about his rookie year doesn't mean I'm calling it quits.  Calling it like I see it thus far in his career.  I never said he didn't have a chance to make the roster, I said I'd be surprised if he did given what we seen last year (unless he blows up).  There is a reason he got only 74 snaps on an offense that needed help at WR as bad as any team in the league.  Jake Kumerow was a 4th year practice squad guy who'd never played a snap in the NFL.  He went from the IR to the field immediately in favor of Moore. Don't see this being a WR room that is a great fit for a guy who needs 2 or 3 developmental years before he's able to contribute.  

Kizer did something :)

Also, is there anything Kyler Sackrell CAN'T do? 

Also going to keep repeating by early BOLD prediction: Kumerow will challenge if not surpass MVS in TDs this year for WRs, behind only Adams of course. 

Edited by packfanfb

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'm most interested in the hands part of that equation. Assessments (or criticism) of route running by social media folks.....unless coming from an actual / verifiable team or media source.....dont carry much weight with me. It's an easy box to check for "unverifiable" criticism. Obviously Jmo has to catch the ball. Thats a simple given. Again - 2019 is here and its time to prove themselves. We'll see.

I mean the guy got 74 snaps on an offense that needed multiple starts from a 5th round rookie, a 6th round rookie and a 4th year practice squad guy who was seeing his first regular season action.  That sort of indictment doesn't lend me to the idea that catching the ball was Moore's only issue.  There is a long list of things that come before catching the ball and Moore didn't do any of them all that well last year.  Moore himself said that he wasn't doing the small things right and that he wasn't where he was supposed to be. 

Andy Herman: Trevor Davis made noise in minicamp as a WR. We know what he can do as a returner but I don’t think most people realize just how good he is on special teams coverage units. He just exploded up field for a would be tackle on kickoff drills - at a totally different speed.

18 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Also going to keep repeating by early BOLD prediction: Kumerow will challenge if not surpass MVS in TDs this year for WRs, behind only Adams of course. 

Define challenge. My read is that you've got Kumerow #2 in receptions this year.

Just now, Leader said:

Andy Herman: Trevor Davis made noise in minicamp as a WR. We know what he can do as a returner but I don’t think most people realize just how good he is on special teams coverage units. He just exploded up field for a would be tackle on kickoff drills - at a totally different speed.

Never forget the person who said it's absolutely stupid to keep Davis as a special teams player and would not back down.  Except I forgot who it was.  Otherwise, I would definitely tag them right now.