Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

15 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Isn't the ability to foresee player development what we pay GMs for? Half this board wanted those guys gone and a different set brought in. 

Half of this board wanted one of Jordy/Cobb gone.  I don't remember many posts supporting the idea of releasing both.

Clay was a completely separate debate.

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Because you're not going to tell your subs that all the starting positions are taken when you've got a handful of them that may at some point be starter quality.

Taylor barely played. It was like 6 snaps

FWIW, it was 16 snaps.

(5 more than Vitale)

32 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Because the coach is going to say, "nope, not a competition"? What does that say to Jenkins?

Taylor played one series at LG in the game. Jenkins played none. If there was competition to be had, they sure as hell didn't act like it.

Jenkins is going to be the interior sub, that's why he's playing every position.

I fully expect Taylor to be the week 1 starter, but your statement that there has been zero indication of competition for Taylor's starting spot is just flat out wrong.

• Like 1

Probably tweaked his hammy making the interception. Vitale dropped out earlier in practice but he did come back though.

Not the greatest praise ever but still praise nonetheless. "nice" is a very lukewarm answer imo.

LaFleur praising Jenkins. Watch out Lane Taylor!

Damn. Definitely an area for improvement

Edited by Chili

https://www.packers.com/video/smith-says-za-darius-smith-has-taken-on-a-leadership-role

https://www.packers.com/video/olivadotti-on-summers-he-had-the-look-in-his-eye

Two of the most honest and revealing interviews from coaches that I've seen in a long time.  Whitt Jr. was always a good one, too.  Smith was really impressive with his answers.

A lot of us have Crawford penciled in on the 53 because he's legitimately good on special teams.  His work at inside backer doesn't sound  (or look) nearly as promising.  When the first thing the coach mentions is special teams, I think that is quite revealing.  It makes me wonder if Bolton shows similar ability on special teams maybe he pushes Crawford out of a roster spot.

If I was a reporter I would be ecstatic about going from interviewing Winston Moss to Smith.  Wow.  Great breakdown of the game and his players.  

The tweets routinely mention impressive catches by receivers.  Either it's a beautifully thrown ball into tight coverage or something; or it's a contest catch; or perhaps an inaccurate throw that necessitates a difficult catch.  

It's hard to make beautiful tight-window throws every throw; and to make difficult, contested, contortionist catches every throw.  If you want to score 4-5 TD's and have a full handful or more of successful drives, it's hard to do that with difficult catches and difficult throws non-stop.  

Is the offense unable to generate any easy catches?  Scheme or receiver quickness gets a guy open easily, and the QB makes the easy open throw; and the receiver makes the easy straightforward catch?  Are those happening but the tweets don't mention them, because they are too routine and are happening all the time and aren't noteworthy?  Or do the receivers and the scheme lack the capacity to get open and have some easy conversions?  

I sure hope the combination of scheme and receiver get-open-ability enable a lot of easy throws for Aaron, and a lot of easy catches for receivers....

32 minutes ago, craig said:

The tweets routinely mention impressive catches by receivers.  Either it's a beautifully thrown ball into tight coverage or something; or it's a contest catch; or perhaps an inaccurate throw that necessitates a difficult catch.  

It's hard to make beautiful tight-window throws every throw; and to make difficult, contested, contortionist catches every throw.  If you want to score 4-5 TD's and have a full handful or more of successful drives, it's hard to do that with difficult catches and difficult throws non-stop.  

Is the offense unable to generate any easy catches?  Scheme or receiver quickness gets a guy open easily, and the QB makes the easy open throw; and the receiver makes the easy straightforward catch?  Are those happening but the tweets don't mention them, because they are too routine and are happening all the time and aren't noteworthy?  Or do the receivers and the scheme lack the capacity to get open and have some easy conversions?  

I sure hope the combination of scheme and receiver get-open-ability enable a lot of easy throws for Aaron, and a lot of easy catches for receivers....

I'm sure there are a lot of schemed open players. Dont even think they've scratched the surface of the offense. The tweets the media guys throw out there like to focus on the bigger plays.