Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

PackersWire: The Green Bay Packers are likely preparing to add at least one new player to the roster in the coming days. The team added another open roster spot Saturday by releasing receiver Jawill Davis. The need for reinforcements elsewhere likely led to Davis’ exit.

The Packers are thin at several positions due to injuries. Inside linebacker took a major hit with news of Oren Burks’ pectoral injury, and both Danny Vitale and Malcolm Johnson are now dealing with injuries at the fullback position.

I think with the Jawill cut that leaves 3 open roster spots.

If Campbell comes off the PUP then that would make 2.

Correct me if i'm wrong. Like Spriggs the problem with Burks is that if we want to put him on IR he will have to go through waivers. Since that is not going to happen then the only way we can get him on IR is to keep him on the final 53 and only then we can put him on IR. To be honest this doesn't sound right to me cos how else do team keep hold of their star players when they suffer a long term injury in preseason? No way teams would be cutting them in order to put them on IR.

If Burks goes on IR then the number of roster spots returns to 3.

Funny practice anecdote that surprisingly didn’t get reported today: on one play, Rodgers rolled to his right towards where the resting defense was standing on the sideline.  The play fell apart and he quickly had two or three first team defenders right in his face. Instead of throwing the ball away, he threw a bullet right at the defense on the sidelines, drilling someone right in the facemask. I couldn’t see who he hit but the whole sideline erupted and Rodgers pointed and smiled and shouted “pay attention!” He was having fun today.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Chili said:

What do you guys think of this take on Josh Jones by Packersnews?.....

It may be that the Packers are protecting him for trade.  Or that he's really in the doghouse.  

But it may also be that the guy is variably hurt.  So he didn't play on Thursday because he was hurt, and perhaps he's lost ground on the depth chart because he was hurt? 

Perhaps there is no more complicated explanation beyond his injuries?  

4 hours ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

Funny practice anecdote that surprisingly didn’t get reported today: on one play, Rodgers rolled to his right towards where the resting defense was standing on the sideline.  The play fell apart and he quickly had two or three first team defenders right in his face. Instead of throwing the ball away, he threw a bullet right at the defense on the sidelines, drilling someone right in the facemask. I couldn’t see who he hit but the whole sideline erupted and Rodgers pointed and smiled and shouted “pay attention!” He was having fun today.

Lol what a d!ck

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chili said:

I think with the Jawill cut that leaves 3 open roster spots.

If Campbell comes off the PUP then that would make 2.

Correct me if i'm wrong. Like Spriggs the problem with Burks is that if we want to put him on IR he will have to go through waivers. Since that is not going to happen then the only way we can get him on IR is to keep him on the final 53 and only then we can put him on IR. To be honest this doesn't sound right to me cos how else do team keep hold of their star players when they suffer a long term injury in preseason? No way teams would be cutting them in order to put them on IR.

If Burks goes on IR then the number of roster spots returns to 3.

Up to 3 spots until you have to cut 37 guys. If he's worth more than a bubble guy, you have no problem cutting the bubble guy. I'm fine with the rule.