Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If Lazard's gonna be a strong specials guy (I'm still skeptical) that makes the 5th/6th receiver spot even tighter.

This could push Kumerow off roster if Lazard is playing special teams. Now you have Moore/Davis/Shepard/Kumerow fighting for 1 or 2 spots, TOPS. If Davis is cemented as returner we're down to 1 spot. Any trade value in any of them? 

I'm going ahead and give the 1-4 spots to Adams, Allison, MVS and ESB. 

Edited by Golfman

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Ibraheim Campbell might spell doom for Josh Jones on the 53 man roster. Could we be actively trying to trade him? 

I'm sure of it. I think it's why he's not been playing in the preseason games and in family night. Protecting him from injury so that we can trade him.

It's not a coincidence that Pettine said Campbell is a potential starting safety. It all points to Josh Jones not making the roster whether via trade or cut.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chili said:

I'm sure of it. I think it's why he's not been playing in the preseason games and in family night. Protecting him from injury so that we can trade him.

It's not a coincidence that Pettine said Campbell is a potential starting safety. It all points to Josh Jones not making the roster whether via trade or cut.

That clearly seems to be the take on this! I thought when Burks went down he'd move to ILB. When that didn't happen you have to start scratching your head wondering what is going on. This is the only thing that makes sense. 

Now, who needs a below average in the box only safety who can't cover? 

Edited by Golfman

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

This could push Kumerow off roster Lazard is playing special teams. Now you have Moore/Davis/Shepard/Kumerow fighting for 1 or 2 spots, TOPS. If Davis is cemented as returner we're down to 1 spot. Any trade value in any of them? 

Let's just assume we're going to keep 6. We've got 5 guys all relatively equal fighting for 2 spots. That means three guys of roughly the same caliber are going to get cut, would you trade for any of the 5? I wouldn't.

Moore might have some trade value, but STs guys aren't going to have any. Kumerow isn't going to have any considering his age. Lazard isn't' going to have any considering he's probably going to get cut. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Let's just assume we're going to keep 6. We've got 5 guys all relatively equal fighting for 2 spots. That means three guys of roughly the same caliber are going to get cut, would you trade for any of the 5? I wouldn't.

Moore might have some trade value, but STs guys aren't going to have any. Kumerow isn't going to have any considering his age. Lazard isn't' going to have any considering he's probably going to get cut. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as the saying goes. If you think one of these guys makes you better and you have no chance in claiming them in waivers, you throw a conditional 7th at the Pack to get them. Pretty low price to pay, especially if you have extra picks next year. 

I have no idea who that might be or even if it is plausible. Might be a player for player deal too. 

Might be none of the above and we release them and get one or more back on practice squad as well. 

Just now, Golfman said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as the saying goes. If you think one of these guys makes you better and you have no chance in claiming them in waivers, you throw a conditional 7th at the Pack to get them. Pretty low price to pay, especially if you have extra picks next year. 

I have no idea who that might be or even if it is plausible. Might be a player for player deal too. 

Might be none of the above and we release them and get one or more back on practice squad as well. 

Generally speaking if you're looking for trade value on roster fodder, you're looking for guys with one serious red flag that somebody might be able to overlook.

Moore's got his hands, his positional inflexibility, and his generally Moore-ishness.

Kumerow's got his age, and his general route-running/athleticism

Lazard has his single speededness and his athleticism.

Davis has his lack of physicality and his injury history

Sheppard's got his size and his rawness as a receiver. 

40 minutes ago, Golfman said:

This could push Kumerow off roster Lazard is playing special teams. Now you have Moore/Davis/Shepard/Kumerow fighting for 1 or 2 spots, TOPS. If Davis is cemented as returner we're down to 1 spot. Any trade value in any of them? 

I have recently modified my 53 roster projection to keep 7 WRs but just 3 TE. I don't think Lewis is going to be retained - just a gut feeling. He did not play the 1st preseason game, and in the 2nd game he had just 6 snaps. By not keeping him it allows me to add a 7th WR.

At the moment my 7 WRs are: Adams, MVS, Geronimo, Anime, Lazard, Shepherd and Davis.

Kumerow is the odd man out for a number of reasons. Mainly because he's not a clear upgrade over Geronimo. His age and upside counts against him when compared to Anime and Lazard and there's also a question mark over his special teams contribution compared to these two. Shepherd and Davis makes it as our punt and kick returners as well as the gunner role. These two are the best returners on our roster and I don't see why we cannot keep both. Looking at this group it is a nice mix of players whether its speed, height, skills, outside, slot, ST. They all got something different to offer.

Kumerow basically needs to establish himself as a starter outright but if he is 4th/5th choice then the need to keep him suddenly diminishes.

Moore I don't think has any hope. He simply haven't been able to put his game together to claim a roster spot. PS I hope for him.

Edited by Chili

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

I have recently modified my 53 roster projection to keep 7 WRs but just 3 TE. I don't think Lewis is going to be retained - just a gut feeling. He did not play the 1st preseason game, and in the 2nd game he had just 6 snaps. By not keeping him it allows me to add a 7th WR.

At the moment my 7 WRs are: Adams, MVS, Geronimo, Anime, Lazard, Shepherd and Davis.

Kumerow is the odd man out for a number of reasons. Mainly because he's not a clear upgrade over Geronimo. His age and upside counts against him when compared to Anime and Lazard and there's also a question mark over his special teams contribution compared to these two. Shepherd and Davis makes it as our punt and kick returners as well as the gunner role. These two are the best returners on our roster and I don't see why we cannot keep both. The interesting thing about this group of players is that everyone is different. whether its speed, height, skills. They all got something to offer.

Kumerow basically needs to establish himself as a starter outright but if he is 4th/5th choice then the need to keep him suddenly diminishes.

Assume this is St. Brown? I've seen you put this out there a few times. 

Just now, Golfman said:

Assume this is St. Brown? I've seen you put this out there a few times. 

Equanimeous St. Brown

As an added bonus he looks like an anime character:

3932442.png

Yes I am trying to make this a thing. Probably won't catch on though. xD

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chili said:

Only hedge I'd offer to this is Sternberger has done next to nothing so far - so you must be counting on Vitale supplementing Graham/Tonyan with the starters gun begins.

Just now, Leader said:

Only hedge I'd offer to this is Sternberger has done next to nothing so far - so you must be counting on Vitale supplementing Graham/Tonyan with the starters gun begins.

3rd round pick, he's making the 53! You can count on that short of injury.