Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

57 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Great, they took his wisdom teeth? We have had unaware safeties for years, and now we are removing wisdom from them surgically?  

Unaware....aware....we've had both.

Had occasion to read some Dallas thing earlier about how WR Cooper is expected to see a drop in his TD rate this year. Was kinda reading it with half my brain till the article it mentioned some long touchdown last year.....against Washington......and yeah, I had to go see if our favorite (ex) FS was involved.....and yeah, he was.....just like you'd expect he would be: takes a bad angle to the point of reception - gets there just after Cooper pulls it in and cuts past him into the open field.....and its off to the races.

HaHa did give chase (I'll give him that.....) finally got a hand on Cooper around the 2....failed to push him out of bounds....and well the long TD was completed.

Nothing against the guy.....but I wont miss him.

Edited by Leader

1 hour ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

Thats three weeks with zero contact. Why did he wait so long?

I don’t know if you’re serious or not, but you do realize that medical conditions don’t always wait for when it’s convenient, right?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

It may be that I feel this way every year and I'm getting too old to remember, but this is the most excited I've been for a training camp maybe ever.

I think I might be the opposite. Thos year is carrying the lowest expectations I've had for so long. Hopefully thatll make this the most fun year to follow.

I'm ready for the process to get started and have football around again but I just dont feel like we're gearing up for any title contention.

4 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

It may be that I feel this way every year and I'm getting too old to remember, but this is the most excited I've been for a training camp maybe ever.

You're not too old till you can no longer get excited :)

• Like 1

Just now, HighCalebR said:

I think I might be the opposite. Thos year is carrying the lowest expectations I've had for so long. Hopefully thatll make this the most fun year to follow. I'm ready for the process to get started and have football around again but I just dont feel like we're gearing up for any title contention.

1). Health
2). Defense
3). AR

Check those boxes and we'll do just fine. The talent's there IMO.

a). Execution
b). Execution
c). Execution

30 minutes ago, Leader said:

1). Health
2). Defense
3). AR

Check those boxes and we'll do just fine. The talent's there IMO.

a). Execution
b). Execution
c). Execution

Defense: as much as I like what Pettine is doing and year two should expand on that.. we have new guys at both EDGE and Safety's positions. CB is precarious. Maybe it all comes together and we do great but I expect itll be a growing year. 

I just dont think Aaron is going to carry our butts to 10+ wins without the D's help anymore.

4 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Defense: as much as I like what Pettine is doing and year two should expand on that.. we have new guys at both EDGE and Safety's positions. CB is precarious. Maybe it all comes together and we do great but I expect itll be a growing year. I just dont think Aaron is going to carry our butts to 10+ wins without the D's help anymore.

I'm withholding judgement on AR till I can get a healthy year out of him - without all the BS that surrounded the shutting down of the MM years. As I've said numerous times already, I think he / our system on offense needs to change in order to keep him upright and healthy for an entire year. That gets done - and he's able to "correct" all this side arm stuff and bypassing release targets in the passing game (etc...) - I think we'll be fine.....but that needs to change. He's got to use his smarts and skills to distribute the ball. Get it out of his hands.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leader said:

Unaware....aware....we've had both.

Had occasion to read some Dallas thing earlier about how WR Cooper is expected to see a drop in his TD rate this year. Was kinda reading it with half my brain till the article it mentioned some long touchdown last year.....against Washington......and yeah, I had to go see if our favorite (ex) FS was involved.....and yeah, he was.....just like you'd expect he would be: takes a bad angle to the point of reception - gets there just after Cooper pulls it in and cuts past him into the open field.....and its off to the races.

HaHa did give chase (I'll give him that.....) finally got a hand on Cooper around the 2....failed to push him out of bounds....and well the long TD was completed.

Nothing against the guy.....but I wont miss him.

I find it difficult to believe that so many Bears fans can be wrong....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, blueswedeshoes said:

I went to the Mole Lake Bluegrass festival two days after having my wisdom teeth out. I recommend beer and Jack Daniels and John Hartford to hurry the healing process along.

Did you perchance travel by Aereoplane or the Julia Belle Swain?