Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Never forget the person who said it's absolutely stupid to keep Davis as a special teams player and would not back down.  Except I forgot who it was.  Otherwise, I would definitely tag them right now. 

Cause Davis has had such an illustrious career proving you right?

To me that's a stalemate of an argument. Davis is a good special teams player, but most years due to his availability you could totally make the argument his roster spot would've been better used elsewhere.

• Like 1

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Never forget the person who said it's absolutely stupid to keep Davis as a special teams player and would not back down.  Except I forgot who it was.  Otherwise, I would definitely tag them right now. 

I cant help you as I dont hang on to such observations.

My take? Until somebody replaces Davis for ST's....he's on my team.
He came into last season having to "step up" in the WR department. That didnt happen and he faces the same challenge this TC. Regardless, he's been the most productive ST guy (outside Janis's gunner skills) for awhile now - and I value that production. Somebody beats him out - somebody beats him out - but IMO - till somebody does that, he's on my roster.

Our ST's last year stunk w/o him.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Define challenge. My read is that you've got Kumerow #2 in receptions this year.

All just a hunch, but Kumerow will finish no worse than 3rd in TDs this year among WRs, but I think he'll push or pass MVS in TDs. I think MVS more as a guy who will definitely have more yards and probably more receptions, but Kumerow will/should get a lot of redzone looks and more short-area TD opportunities.  

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Cause Davis has had such an illustrious career proving you right?

He was third in the NFL returning punts with the worst special teams coordinator in the NFL and all of you sit there acting like that means nothing and I'm sick of the stupidity in that argument.

Literally everybody here was screaming for every frickin year we need to fire Ron Zook because he sucks and yet Davis was third in the NFL in punt return average and you're all trying to act like that's nothing because Davis isn't a good wide receiver and it's that kind of stupidity that, if fans had gotten their way, would have cut Jarrett Bush and we would not have won the Super Bowl. 

You're gonna respond with some, "Average means nothing" by citing some stupid convoluted nothingness that means nothing when the reality is that Davis is not only very good at returning punts, he is also very good at covering punts and you're gonna act like it's stupid to keep special teams only performers while neglecting that literally every team in the NFL keeps plus special teams performers solely for their ability on special teams, and you're going to do this purely because you don't like Davis just like everybody else here, except you're going to use some misguided appeal to authority to suggest I'm the one who doesn't know what he's talking about because I get more animated than most people here. 

The vanity involved in hating on Davis and suggesting that he's not worth a spot when year after year he has gained that spot is just... It's hubris to another level that not even I can comprehend.  Suggesting that it's stupid, suggesting like the very fact that Davis HAS MADE THE TEAM isn't proof in my point is just... It's juvenile, it's egregious, it's outrageous, it's preposterous and...

source.gif

Ryan Wood:

Packers injury report:

RB Dexter Williams illness
K Mason Crosby calf
S Darnell Savage tooth
CB Josh Jackson foot

Matt LaFleur says no long-term concern for any of the four.

Andy Herman: Best news from the first day of camp. No major injury issues.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

but most years due to his availability you could totally make the argument his roster spot would've been better used elsewhere.

AND HOW DOES THIS EVEN MAKE SENSE?  IT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE ANY SENSE!  He was on injured reserve from September to November last year and then placed on injured reserve a week later you do know don't you that players on injured reserve do not count against how many players you can have on your roster, right? 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

He was third in the NFL returning punts with the worst special teams coordinator in the NFL and all of you sit there acting like that means nothing and I'm sick of the stupidity in that argument.

Literally everybody here was screaming for every frickin year we need to fire Ron Zook because he sucks and yet Davis was third in the NFL in punt return average and you're all trying to act like that's nothing because Davis isn't a good wide receiver and it's that kind of stupidity that, if fans had gotten their way, would have cut Jarrett Bush and we would not have won the Super Bowl. 

You're gonna respond with some, "Average means nothing" by citing some stupid convoluted nothingness that means nothing when the reality is that Davis is not only very good at returning punts, he is also very good at covering punts and you're gonna act like it's stupid to keep special teams only performers while neglecting that literally every team in the NFL keeps plus special teams performers solely for their ability on special teams, and you're going to do this purely because you don't like Davis just like everybody else here, except you're going to use some misguided appeal to authority to suggest I'm the one who doesn't know what he's talking about because I get more animated than most people here. 

The vanity involved in hating on Davis and suggesting that he's not worth a spot when year after year he has gained that spot is just... It's hubris to another level that not even I can comprehend.  Suggesting that it's stupid, suggesting like the very fact that Davis HAS MADE THE TEAM isn't proof in my point is just... It's juvenile, it's egregious, it's outrageous, it's preposterous and...

source.gif

Sure Davis is a good return man, as a gunner he's good too. Is that role valuable on the team? Absolutely. His most valuable aspect on ST is that he is a sucky WR. I'm pretty confident Jaire is easily a better return man than Davis, but who wants to risk a potential star DB back there? Davis will always have a good chance at the roster until we bring in a backup WR/RB/DB that can be as good of a returner as he is, unless GB feels comfortable rolling Alexander back there, then his roster spot could certainly be used on a better overall football player.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman: Today’s practice standouts:

Jawill Davis
Darrius Shepherd
Rashan Gary
Teo Redding
Kingsley Keke
Kabion Ento
Jamaal Willams
Manny Wilkins
Blake Martinez
Kyler Fackrell

Rodgers can't even stand out among TC fodder?

@Outpost31 was right again (as usual). Should have moved on from him a couple years ago.

• Like 2