What Did You Cook for Dinner?

MKnight82

On 9/11/2019 at 10:34 PM, Tugboat said:

Last meal?  Probably just go super boring and roll with as nice a sirloin as i can get, with a caesar salad starter, McDonald's fries on the side, and some raw *** cookie dough for desert.  

Funny that's your last meal choice, because that choice should be punishable by death.

• Like 1

Last meal for me, I'm going with:

*12 oz ribeye cooked medium rare, served with sauteed mushrooms and a side of bleu cheese crumbles

*Lobster Tail

*King Crab Legs

(Both obviously with a side of garlic butter sauce)

*A mountain of mashed potatoes

*A side of the best baked bread ever

For dessert, Dutch Apple Pie ala mode or Cookie Dough Cheesecake

Going back to the chicken discussion, chicken thighs are definitely the easiest and taste very good with little effort, but a simple chicken breast on the grill makes all the difference. Grilled>>>>>>>>>>>baked chicken breast (as with most things).

My favorite meal that my wife makes though is chicken thighs cooked in a bone broth served with sautéed kale with olives and dates in it.

Tried two new main ingredients this week, Pork Loin and Delicata Squash. 

The Pork Loin I coated with a Brown Sugar - Garlic mix, and roasted it in my Le Cruset Dutch Oven (Best kitchen purchase I have made). Served it with a mushroom pan sauce. Was fantastic, definitely going to play with this base moving forward.

Later, I roasted a Delicata Squash with Onions. Served it on a herb salad with Honey Crisp apples, Roasted Pine Nuts, Feta cheese, and topped with a Apple Cider Vinaigrette. Again, I really enjoyed this mix. Next time going to replace the pine nuts with walnuts. Not a big fan of the pine nut after taste. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Fish Tacos, with a crema of sour cream, mayo, sriracha sauce and lime. Used feta cheese because we don't get that mexican stuff, but it's basically the same. Put some red onion in, corriander, avocado. MMM!!! In in in.

Hmmm this post reeks of Yorkshire Tea, Jaffa Cakes and Nandos. 

• Like 1