What Did You Cook for Dinner?

MKnight82

24 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

But i'm still wondering about randomly adding milk at the end of the process.  I'm not feeling great about that.  How does that work really?

It added a creamy consistency to the lemon pepper sauce... worked out well with pasta, actually.

On 23/10/2019 at 8:59 AM, ET80 said:

It added a creamy consistency to the lemon pepper sauce... worked out well with pasta, actually.

I can see how it'd work...but you'd have to get the heat down in a hurry.

I usually kinda work the opposite way around almost, when i'm aiming for a cream sauce.

Edited by Tugboat
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Tyty said:

I’m trying to eat healthier so I made grilled chicken with salt pepper and paprika and broccoli and rice last night and then cried the entire night 

Rosemary is good on chicken and gives it a little different taste, fyi. I made some last night for lunches and it turned out pretty good. Did you steam or roast the broccoli? Roasted is real good if you have the time.

21 hours ago, Tyty said:

I’m trying to eat healthier so I made grilled chicken with salt pepper and paprika and broccoli and rice last night and then cried the entire night 

My new "healthy" meal is "taco" bowl. 

A pound of meat(I use 90/10 ground turkey) cooked like you would any other taco meat. After meat is cooked, stir in a drained can of black beans and a steamed bag of frozen riced cauliflower, and maybe an little extra taco seasoning if needed. Portion out for 4 meals and you have bachelor chow for dinner all week. I've never been to prison but I imagine the food looks slighy better than my taco bowls but I think they taste good, sometimes I add in some either broccoli or grean beans later when I heat it up. Always add hot sauce too. Healthy is in quotes because sodium content is probably higher than your chicken and rice and still pretty filling to me and it's a good volume of food.  

Edit: you'll still probably cry your way through dinner 

Edited by skywindO2

• 3 weeks later...

Last night made Turmeric Chicken Thighs and Rice, with a Garlic Herb Vinaigrette Cucumber Salad.

The Turmeric Chicken was pretty basic, not exploding with flavor, but still really good. Good base recipe to work from. Next time might double up on the turmeric + cumin and use a bit of chicken stock in place of water. 

11 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I'm clueless about cooking Turmeric - do you use it as a fresh herb or more of the powdered spice type of seasoning ?
do you marinate the chix, or rub it on and cook ?

I think normally (or at least how I have it) its a powdered spice. Can do all of the above with it. The two recipes I have used it in (this one, and a Tikka Masala) you add it (with other spices) after browning the meat. Kinda of a novice with turmeric, so maybe someone can chime in with more knowledge. 

On 11/8/2019 at 11:14 AM, Shanedorf said:

I'm clueless about cooking Turmeric - do you use it as a fresh herb or more of the powdered spice type of seasoning ?
do you marinate the chix, or rub it on and cook ?

Tumeric is best used as yellow food coloring.

Seriously though, anything that touches that stuff will be stained yellow for a while.

• Like 1