What Did You Cook for Dinner?

MKnight82

On 08/11/2019 at 10:14 AM, Shanedorf said:

I'm clueless about cooking Turmeric - do you use it as a fresh herb or more of the powdered spice type of seasoning ?
do you marinate the chix, or rub it on and cook ?

I honestly don't have a clue how to use it outside the context of indian style cooking.  But i'm okay with that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bumping this back up with my meal plan for this week.

Monday was Gingo Beef Tacos

Tuesday was Chicken Tikka Masala

Wednesday was Turmeric-Dill Chicken and Rice

Thursday will be Broccoli and Sausage Pasta in a White Wine Sauce

Friday will be Seared Tuna Steaks with a Soy Honey Sauce

• Like 1

Last night I made biscuits with mushroom gravy. I didn't do the biscuits from scratch, used the Red Lobster cheddar biscuit mix, but did the gravy from scratch. Normally with biscuits and gravy I'd use sausage instead of mushroom, but I wanted to try it that way, I went more savory versus spicy with the gravy and it turned out really good, I used sage to mimic a little bit of a sausage flavor and it ended up with almost a thanksgiving flavor to it, in a good way.

9 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Last night I made biscuits with mushroom gravy. I didn't do the biscuits from scratch, used the Red Lobster cheddar biscuit mix, but did the gravy from scratch. Normally with biscuits and gravy I'd use sausage instead of mushroom, but I wanted to try it that way, I went more savory versus spicy with the gravy and it turned out really good, I used sage to mimic a little bit of a sausage flavor and it ended up with almost a thanksgiving flavor to it, in a good way.

Sounds delicious. Full disclosure, sausage AND mushrooms also very acceptable. ;)

Just now, MWil23 said:

Sounds delicious. Full disclosure, sausage AND mushrooms also very acceptable. ;)

Yeah, that'll probably be the next one, my wife loves mushrooms and is so so on sausage, so I decided to just go with mushrooms, I generally do sausage because I like sausage and am so so on mushrooms.

Just now, The Gnat said:

Yeah, that'll probably be the next one, my wife loves mushrooms and is so so on sausage, so I decided to just go with mushrooms, I generally do sausage because I like sausage and am so so on mushrooms.

I'm unfortunately the only person in my immediate family that likes/loves mushrooms, so it's rare that I get to use them in things. I almost always have to cook them separately.