What Did You Cook for Dinner?

MKnight82

I would call it "enchilada casserole"

9x9 baking dish. coated the bottom with enchilada sauce. Then layered tortilla, refried bean, taco meat, enchilada mix (corn, diced tomatoes, black beans, & enchilada) & cheese and repeat. Did about 4 layers of that.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Daniel said:

About to rub some beef ribs for tomorrow.  Anyone got any rub suggestions?  We're thinking a standard barbecue rub for one half, something more adventurous for the other half.

I’m a fan of a packed brown sugar rub for beef ribs. 

• 1/3 cup packed brown sugar or raw turbinado sugar
  • 1/3 cup sweet paprika*
  • 3 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
  • 3 tablespoons chili powder**
  • 2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
  • 1-1/2 tablespoons onion powder
  • 1-1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano

* For a more intense smoky flavor, use 1/2 sweet paprika and 1/2 smoked paprika.

** If you want a bit of a spicy kick, add 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper along with the chili powder.

On 8/7/2020 at 7:10 AM, buno67 said:

I would call it "enchilada casserole"

9x9 baking dish. coated the bottom with enchilada sauce. Then layered tortilla, refried bean, taco meat, enchilada mix (corn, diced tomatoes, black beans, & enchilada) & cheese and repeat. Did about 4 layers of that.

La Lasagna 

2 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

recently ran out of the carolina reaper relish we have at home but about to come in to some reaper sauce, very keen to integrate it in to the rotation

I tried some reapers a couple of years ago.  Put two in a pot of chili with a can of chipotles.  That's the last time I remember eating something too painful to enjoy.

My habaneros are starting to come in now though, and those are hot enough for me.

44 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Indian food savants: I’ve never had Indian food. Going in blindly, what would you order st this place?

http://memoriesofindiami.com

No way to say what's good, but I usually order channa or dhal because I like legumes and that's usually good anywhere.

Indian food has a lot of spices.  Like more than a dozen.  So if that's not your bag, order something basic like tandoor chicken.

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

Indian food savants: I’ve never had Indian food. Going in blindly, what would you order st this place?

http://memoriesofindiami.com

I feel like we've had this conversation before...

For a first timer - go with the Samosas, Butter chicken, Saag paneer and Jasmin rice. Very basic in terms of flavors... but very flavorful nonetheless.