Best Madden Ever: Madden 93 Sega Genesis

KewlBeanz

1 hour ago, KewlBeanz said:

What is your favorite Madden?

we already know Madden 93 on Sega Genesis is the best, but what is your favorite that would be 2nd best unless you choose Madden 93 on Genesis, then it would be the best.

Tough to name just one.  It’s easier for me to name a console, I liked the ones released for the original Xbox the best.

• Like 1

Agreed with @RavensfanRD, Madden 04 is the best.  Madden 05 was just as good, but not as good of an upgrade over its predecessor as 04 was.  It started going downhill after that, which just so happened to coincide with EA getting the exclusive license.  Obviously, just a coincidence.

• Like 2

‘04-‘06 was the golden years IMO. Madden 06 is my favorite, 05 being a close second. The vision cone was awesome, that’s one of many things I wish would make a comeback. Hit stick was a lot of fun and made for some hilarious moments.

• Like 1

Madden 04-06 was the golden age as someone else said.  Madden 2005 being my favorite. Very balanced game among offense/defense, hit stick introduced, best franchise mode. 

Best football games ever all came within a few years imo, 

NFL 2K5

Madden 2005

NFL 2K4

Madden 2004

NFL 2K3

Madden 06

Ahhh what competition will do....

8 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

The thing I hated about the cone vision is that it always tipped when you were running a draw play.

Wasn't there a way to move it to your first read instead of having it straight ahead?

The CPU didn't do that though.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

watched a video on past maddens

forgot how much more deep franchise mode used to be...

I remember when they launched the first Madden on Xbox 360 it didnt even have franchise mode, but if you bought the same game for original xbox it had franchise mode. I think it was the year with Vince Young on the cover.  Franchise mode has never been a priority for them since switching up that generation.  The franchise mode for all Maddens on 360 & xbox one have been crap.  

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 2