The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

26 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Why am I not more excited about this? Craig just had to ruin this with his conservative approach. If you let Burnes complete this, he may have locked up the Cy Young. Instead, we get this...

Agree with this, doesn't feel like a no-hitter. Whenever I see a combined effort, it's like OK good for them, but it's not really a true no-hitter. Counsell is been a great manager for the Brewers, but that move tonight was ****** up. Let the man make his history.   

Also, Yelich is straight butt cheeks right now. Man is so lost at the plate, it's baffling. Kinda crazy how ****ty Andy Haines has made Yelich and Hiura look after 2019. Like, what changed with those two? Haines was here for 2019 so that made no sense to me. Did he alter their approaches? Is Yelich still concerned about the knee even though it's 2 years ago now? I mean, the dude is grounding out on high fastballs FFS. 

Both Yelich and Hiura need a complete reset with this offseason being extremely pivotal for both. One, Yelich's extension kicks in next year and, two, Hiura needs to rebuild his value.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Games are borderline meaningless right now anyways. We're locked into the 2nd seed and a matchup with the NL East Champion. Just get **** figured out by October, Craig.

Meaningless?  Surely you jest.

You don't want to play crappy like this going into the post season.  Hell, if they don't get their act together they might struggle to win the damn division.   

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Meaningless?  Surely you jest.

You don't want to play crappy like this going into the post season.  Hell, if they don't get their act together they might struggle to win the damn division.   

No they won't. Cardinals are 7.5 back with 9 to play. We go 2-7, we tie for the division and that's with the Cardinals not losing again this season, which would be 22 straight wins btw. We go 3-6, we win it. These are literally meaningless games at this point. 

Edited by beekay414

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Also, Yelich is straight butt cheeks right now. Man is so lost at the plate, it's baffling. Kinda crazy how ****ty Andy Haines has made Yelich and Hiura look after 2019. Like, what changed with those two? Haines was here for 2019 so that made no sense to me. Did he alter their approaches? Is Yelich still concerned about the knee even though it's 2 years ago now? I mean, the dude is grounding out on high fastballs FFS. 

Both Yelich and Hiura need a complete reset with this offseason being extremely pivotal for both. One, Yelich's extension kicks in next year and, two, Hiura needs to rebuild his value.

CC needs to sit Yelich down.  I'd rather have Taylor, Cain, JBJ and Garcia in the outfield this post season.  Yelich is hitting like a damn pitcher.  This is more than your garden variety slump.  His problem is between the ears.  He may never return to his MVP ways again.  

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

No they won't. Cardinals are 7.5 back with 9 to play. We go 2-7, we tie for the division and that's with the Cardinals not losing again this season, which would be 22 straight wins btw. We go 3-6, we win it. These are literally meaningless games at this point. 

Ok, fine.  We win the division.  But if we continue to play like this and only win 2/3 more games that is no way to be going into the playoffs.  We can't hit and the bullpen is faltering.  Starting pitching can only take you so far.  Just making the playoffs just isn't good enough any more.