The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, R T said:

Phillies: You guy go ahead and have the wildcard spot. 

Brewers: Na, we don't think we'll take it. 

Big day today. Phils have a DH vs the Nationals, already up 1-0 and threatening for more in the 1st. We get to play against Sandy Alcantara and Burnes is on the mound so we're likely to score less than 2 runs. If they sweep the DH today and we lose, it's basically Goodnight Irene.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Big day today. Phils have a DH vs the Nationals, already up 1-0 and threatening for more in the 1st. We get to play against Sandy Alcantara and Burnes is on the mound so we're likely to score less than 2 runs. If they sweep the DH today and we lose, it's basically Goodnight Irene.

I think Garcia ended their season last night. The Phillies own the tiebreaker, so the Brewers are really 2 games back in the loss column with 6 to play.  

Just now, R T said:

I think Garcia ended their season last night. The Phillies own the tiebreaker, so the Brewers are really 2 games back in the loss column with 6 to play.  

I know. That's why today is huge. If they jump 2 games ahead today, we're cooked. No chance we make up 3 games in 6 days.