The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm not sure Stearns knows if it will work or not, but for a guy that IMO you had to get rid of before all his value was gone, it's a good move. If it works he's a genius, if it doesn't he tried something so the loud ones can't cuss him out for doing nothing.

So we couldn't have used Phillips for Dozier?

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I would assume if the Twins wanted that as the headliner that deal would be done already.

Then you up the 2nd piece to a better piece than Lopez. That simple. I doubt they were asking for any of our top tier guys.

Really, for the sake of the Brewers, really hope that Shaw proves me 100% wrong. I will gladly look like an idiot for the sake of success. I just have my major doubts about it due to his athletic profile and having experience myself trying to move off 3B to 2B.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Really, for the sake of the Brewers, really hope that Shaw proves me 100% wrong. I will gladly look like an idiot for the sake of success. I just have my major doubts about it due to his athletic profile and having experience myself trying to move off 3B to 2B.

If he can be a below average second baseman I'll be pretty happy. At this point, I'm setting the bar at complete disaster and hoping that he can clear it, even just in the smallest way.

Just now, titans0021 said:

If he can be a below average second baseman I'll be pretty happy. At this point, I'm setting the bar at complete disaster and hoping that he can clear it, even just in the smallest way.

Considering I was pissed when my buddy told me we were considering Asdrubal Cabrera due to how bad he is at 2B, you can understand why I feel that way about moving Shaw there. I also hate taking him off of 3B for a lesser 3B for the sake of solely offense. I have massive doubts that this will work out well for us. What good is scoring more runs if you give more up?

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Considering I was pissed when my buddy told me we were considering Asdrubal Cabrera due to how bad he is at 2B, you can understand why I feel that way about moving Shaw there. I also hate taking him off of 3B for a lesser 3B for the sake of solely offense. I have massive doubts that this will work out well for us. What good is scoring more runs if you give more up?

Genuinely excited to see us shift Villar back to shortstop.