The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Bullpen day, into Burners+Woodruff I guess?

Probably gonna be Lauer+Ashby tomorrow. Don't get the idea of limiting innings during the season if you're not going to start guys on short rest in the playoffs. It makes zero sense to me. Really feel Craig just loves micromanaging too damn much.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Probably gonna be Lauer+Ashby tomorrow. Don't get the idea of limiting innings during the season if you're not going to start guys on short rest in the playoffs. It makes zero sense to me. Really feel Craig just loves micromanaging too damn much.

It wouldn't have been CC's call. Stearns and the FO decide stuff like this.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It wouldn't have been CC's call. Stearns and the FO decide stuff like this.

So then what's the ******* point of having a manager? Tell me, what's the point of limiting innings all damn year and then saying "well, nope, we're not going to play our best player when the game matters most." It's beyond stupid. 

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

To act as an on field rep for the front office and to be the face of the decision making to the media.

Pretty standard middle management job really. All of the responsibility with none of the authority.

Then Stearns will need to answer for it when we lose tomorrow. 

I have no problem with holding Burnes back.  We need to win two games now.  I've seen Burnes and Hader both talk about routine and what a role it plays in their success.  Sure it's a must-win but to waste your best pitcher outside of his routine in hopes that he's still good?  I don't believe that's our best shot at winning two in a row.

20 hours ago, titanrick said:

I have no problem with holding Burnes back.  We need to win two games now.  I've seen Burnes and Hader both talk about routine and what a role it plays in their success.  Sure it's a must-win but to waste your best pitcher outside of his routine in hopes that he's still good?  I don't believe that's our best shot at winning two in a row.

I didn't love it, but this shuts me up pretty good.