The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

18 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Not at all. He needs the ASB reset. He does this once a year. 

No one is saying it needs to be permanent, but he has not been good for a couple of weeks now and no lead is safe with him in the 9th inning at present time. Until he gets it together just use Williams to close games, the point of playing is to win the game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, R T said:

No one is saying it needs to be permanent, but he has not been good for a couple of weeks now and no lead is safe with him in the 9th inning at present time. Until he gets it together just use Williams to close games, the point of playing is to win the game. 

Or you let your all-world closer work through it 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Yep, y'all enjoy the rest of this season. I won't be tuning in for another baseball game after that gong show by the umps. No wonder the sport is dying.

Worst sport on the planet tbqh. I'd rather watch Synchronized swimming at this rate.

We've taken three bats so far...they are all MIF, contact over power types. We haven't drafted a power bat, in the 1st round (comp balance or otherwise) since Lutz. It's overcompensating for our inability to develop hitting. At some point we need to put our balls on the table and take some upside here. You can't have system that has nothing but contact hitters.

Eric Brown is the "largest" of the bunch at 5'10" 190. Robert Moore is 5'9" 170 and Dylan O'Rea, who nobody had in their scouting rankings, is 5'9" 160.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, WiscFan3 said:

Not gonna lie, it's kind of underwhelming IMO, especially seeing what some of the other trades have landed already. Got their #8 and #9 prospect, their closer who just lost his job and will be a free agent and the never healthy Lamet. I mean the Cubs got the Yankees #4 prospect for a RP with way less accolades/talent. 

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Better be more moves coming or else good luck selling this to the locker room.

Williams is ready to assume the closer's role, moving forward this isn't a negative for the overall team.  

Just now, R T said:

Not if you follow this team on a daily basis. Williams has been the best bullpen piece for a while now. 

Lol. I definitely follow the team on a daily basis. How often do we have starters going eight innings? The downgrade isn’t from Hader to Williams, the downgrade is from Hader to whoever we’re going to ask to give us three of the final nine outs in his place.

12 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Lol. I definitely follow the team on a daily basis. How often do we have starters going eight innings? The downgrade isn’t from Hader to Williams, the downgrade is from Hader to whoever we’re going to ask to give us three of the final nine outs in his place.

I get that and a key will be Rogers as a setup guy, if he is effective in that role this is not as big of a lose as some will make it out to be. Good chance the Brewers are better in the long run with this trade.