The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

I don't think you can thrust Williams into the closer role and expect him to have immediate success. The 9th is entirely different than the 8th. I thought we'd give him the offseason to adjust and trade Josh this winter. For that return, you can't convince me we couldn't have gotten that in December.

Not a fan of this whatsoever. Lamet is basically damaged goods at this point. Hasn't been healthy in 2 seasons and has been absolutely brutal this season. Ruiz is basically Jonathan Villar all over again. Gasser isn't even Eric Lauer. Rogers, who has been better than his numbers show, is a friggin' rental. We traded our best asset for a hodgepodge of meh. Not ideal use of our best asset.

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We assigned Ruiz to AAA. Sal Frelick, Garrett Mitchell and Joey Wiemer are already there. Something has to be happening. If Stearns turns this around and trades for Bryan Reynolds, I'll forget everything I said today lol.

Believe all of those 3 are in Biloxi. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Believe all of those 3 are in Biloxi. 

They all just got promoted yesterday. Team hasn't announced it yet but both Frelick and Wiemer confirmed they were on their way to Nashville. Frelick said that Mitchell was also going.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Lol now we just traded Antoine Kelly for 36 year old Matt Bush. Get Stearns drunk *** outta here. 

Feels odd that they are moving on from Kelly so quickly. If this had been Bettinger or File with Mathias it would feel like a more logical swap.

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Lol now we just traded Antoine Kelly for 36 year old Matt Bush. Get Stearns drunk *** outta here. 

I legit didn't know Matt Bush was still in the league.  He's been really good this year though.  I suppose you guys had an opening for a terrible human being on your roster once Hader got dealt. 😉

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Hang as many playoff banners as we can!

That's all Mark wants. He's Herb Kohl. Adding that extra wild card spot was the worst thing for this franchise. Now we're going to forever be a treadmill team. Well, maybe one day we'll pull a Royals and get a lucky title.