The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

You trade Josh Hader and you don't get any help for the offense NOW out of it. That and you trade viable prospects for a 36 year old reliever with a spotty track record and a 32 reliever that hasn't pitched in 2 years and has less than 40 IP of baseball since 2017. 

Just a ****ed up TDL and I have no idea wtf Stearns is doing.

Absolutely no reason to trade Hader for pcs to help this year's team and then not pursue a bat. Should've just gone for a prospect haul if that was the only move on the docket. This is the most obvious "we need to be just good enough to make the playoffs" move we've made in a long time.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Absolutely no reason to trade Hader for pcs to help this year's team and then not pursue a bat. Should've just gone for a prospect haul if that was the only move on the docket. This is the most obvious "we need to be just good enough to make the playoffs" move we've made in a long time.

All Mark A cares about is getting that playoff revenue. It's no wonder attendance is down 13% this year. Everyone has caught on to Mark's bull****.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

All Mark A cares about is getting that playoff revenue. It's no wonder attendance is down 13% this year. Everyone has caught on to Mark's bull****.

I'm almost positive every teams fan base not named the Dodgers or Yankees think this same way. I talk about this all the time with my Co-Workers. 

I'm really gonna loathe the 2024 deadline when we either hold Burnes and Woodruff because Mark wants the playoff revenue, or sell them for pennies on the dollar to keep the MLB team "competitive."

Looks like I'm just gonna have to hope we can get lucky in the playoffs.

Just now, holt_bruce81 said:

I'm almost positive every teams fan base not named the Dodgers or Yankees think this same way. I talk about this all the time with my Co-Workers. 

Because, in baseball, it's pretty much universally true lol. It's a legitimate problem the league has.

My more reasonable thoughts than the instant reactions here lol...

These are the thoughts I posted on my social media that pretty much sums up where I'm at...

"FWIW, the offense has been good. I'm not saying it hasn't been. The point is we needed to do something to put us over the top and take advantage of this rotation. Instead, we're content just getting to the dance and lining Mark's pockets with the playoff revenue." 

- said out of frustration but I think there are elements of truth to it.

"I just do not like the idea of using our best asset and not getting any immediate offensive help out of it. Plus, Ruiz is a CF. We just spent the last few drafts drafting nothing but CF and SS and just promoted Frelick, Mitchell AND Wiemer to AAA, all OF."

- Not being literal with the "nothing but CF and SS" part mind you.

"Then proceeded to not use any of them to go get an impact bat. Instead, we trade viable prospects for aging bullpen arms with spotty histories and injury concerns. Bush is a live arm but he's 36 with a half season of production. Rosenthal has 38 innings pitched since 2017."

"So we decided to overpay for BP arms rather than go in and try to put the offense over the top, to help out the strong pitching. I know there's no such thing as "too much pitching" but it's gonna be brutal if the bats no-show the playoffs again."

"That and you messed with the locker room dynamic to not improve the big league club. You make that Hader trade in the offseason, not during a pennant run. That package wasn't going away this winter, I can guarantee you that."

"All in all, just a baffling, baffling deadline. Stearns likely has one foot out the door as well."

"The goal, with this rotation that we're going to have to break up in less than 2 seasons, should be going all out for a World Series ring."

"They (the team) simply just don't have any type of pulse on this fanbase. Attendance is down over 10% this season and Mark's response is 'just make the playoffs so I can get that revenue to make up for it.'"