The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

Honestly, we need to make a play for a middle of the order right handed bat or at least someone that can bat top 5-6 spots because we have entirely too many left handed hitters as it stands. I know it's a long offseason but this is what I'd expect the opening day roster to be if we didn't make another move. We will but it's gonna be a brutal season if we don't address a lot of concerns...

C
Victor Caratini (L)
Payton Henry/Mario Feliciano (R)

1B
Rowdy Tellez (L)

2B
Abraham Toro (S) - 3B
Mike Brosseau (R) - 3B/RF/LF

SS
Willy Adames (R)

3B 
Luis Urias (R) - 2B/SS

LF
Christian Yelich (L)

CF
Garrett Mitchell (L)
Esteury Ruiz (R)

RF
Tyrone Taylor (R)

DH
Jesse Winker (L) - LF (poorly)
Keston Hiura (R) - 1B/2B (poorly)

SP
Corbin Burnes (R)
Brandon Woodruff (R)
Freddy Peralta (R)
Eric Lauer (L)
Adrian Houser (R) or Aaron Ashby (L)

RP
Devin Williams and 7 others lol

Notes
There will be more trades. I'd expect Hiura and Houser to be moved and a catcher either traded for or signed. I have no idea what the plan is with the bullpen other than throw **** at the wall and hope it sticks. We're gonna have to use our team speed to generate runs because those bats won't make consistent contact at all. The bats just inspire no confidence whatsoever at this point. With the balanced scheduling, we also no longer have the luxury of beating up on the bottom of the Central anymore so I wouldn't expect much other than Mark and his lackeys chasing the 7th seed and calling it "competing."

Honestly, now is the time we should cash in on Burnes and Woodruff on the trade market. They both have 2 years of control left. No reason to go into this season half assed and waste our best assets and chance at a rebuild. No Brewers fans are going to fall for Mark's bull**** about competing at this point barring drastic changes to the lineup.

Edited by beekay414

We took Gus Varland in the Rule 5 draft. Hasn't pitched above AA and he's been pretty terrible there with the Dodgers. So looks like we're going to continue with the ragtag bullpen approach.

2021: 34.2 IP, 5.71 ERA, 6.65 FIP, 6.18 xFIP, 5.71 K/9, 4.67 BB/9, 1.82 HR/9, 16.7% HR/FB%
2022: 70.2 IP, 6.11 ERA, 5.33 FIP, 5.00 xFIP, 10.83 K/9, 4.71 BB/9, 1.40 HR/9, 15.9% HR/FB%, 9 HBP, 8 WP

1. Yelich (L) - LF
2. Adames (R) - SS
3. Tellez (L) - 1B
4. Contreras (R) - C
5. Winker (L) - DH
6. Urias (R) - 3B
7. Mitchell (L) - CF
8. Taylor (R) - RF
9. Toro (S) - 2B

I'd prefer an upgrade at 3B and then have Urias, Toro and Turang battle it out for 2B reps. Frelick or Wiemer will be in RF sooner or later so Taylor goes to the 4th OF role that he probably should be.