The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

I think we can all agree that Sogard and Arcia have no reason to be on the big league roster. I have no idea why Miller hasn't been brought up yet, but even when he is we still need a SS that can hit verse LHP. I would love to go get Alcides Escobar. He won't cost a ton and he has a .787 OPS vs LHP this year compared to a .499 vs RHP. Last year he had a .720 OPS vs LHP. If we can bring him in for that role that would leave Miller to handle the RHP. Escobar can always be brought in for his defense late in games if Miller really as bad as advertised as a SS 

2 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Brewers usually keep their prep picks in the AZL during their first taste of pro ball, right?

They at least make them prove themselves in the AZL. Lutz was advanced enough that he got promoted. Turang might be good enough for that at some point, but not right away.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

They at least make them prove themselves in the AZL. Lutz was advanced enough that he got promoted. Turang might be good enough for that at some point, but not right away.

Here’s hoping he gets to that point the first week of August when I will be up there.

7 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Odds he comes up this year? Zero?

I think he has to rake like this for the rest of the year, we have to not trade for a middle infielder, and the middle infielders we do have need to continue to stink.

Not zero, but low odds I think. But the Brewers have been way more aggressive with moves this year.

7 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

How many of our draft picks have we signed?

Unofficially?

Joe Gray, Micah Bello, Aaron Ashby, Justin Jarvis, David Fry, Luis Gonzalez, JT Hintzen from the top 10.

Scott Sunitsch, Joey Baran, Brady Schanuel, and Kekai Rios from outside the top 10.

We also know Steven Hajjar, Nander De Sedas, Brandon Williamson, and Wes Clarke aren't signing.

Officially, the only bonus I've seen tweeted is $10k for Fry.

• Like 1