The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

1st post is updated with draft class demographics. Once we start getting reports of signing bonuses, I'll get links showing if a player has signed or not. In the meantime, here's what we know:

• 4th rounder Aaron Ashby, 5th rounder Justin Jarvis have each gone on record saying they are likely to sign. 
  • Late round signability picks Steven Hajjar (21st round), Nander De Sedas (29th round), and Brandon Williamson (35th round) are going to be honoring their commitments to Michigan, FSU, and TCU respectively.

Then there's this:
http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_c4ca0132-6aac-11e8-bc55-a3fb7753dc7a.html

“I don't know what’s going to happen,” Mainieri said. “I’ve talked to Brice twice since the draft. He’s not sure what’s going to happen.

“I think there’s still a possibility that he comes to school. I’m not going to say it’s 75-percent probability. I’m not saying it’s 50-percent probability. It might be 25-percent probability. But for him to come to school, he’s going to have to walk away from a lot of money. … He’d have to really be gambling on himself that three years from now he’s going to be a much better player, worth a lot more and travel through the minor leagues at a rocket pace.”

My take on this is that the Brewers have a good idea about what Turang's number was, and are going to get deals done (or have verbal agreements in place) with the rest of the top 10 first. We didn't take many overslot guys in rounds 11-20, and the ones we took in the back of the draft already have said they aren't coming. So Turang is going to get every dollar we can possibly offer until we are in the penalty.

14 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

There's a lot of people upset about it, but I'm fine with it. With Thames back, it's just tough to imagine a role for a 27-year old that's fourth on the org's first base depth chart.

The net is Choi -> Thames and Sogard -> Miller.

This is fantastic.

• Like 1