The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

2 minutes ago, packerbacker87 said:

Well, like I said. Burns will be the first to go. And when it happens, ill just say I told you so. One way or another some big moves are on the way. No way they sit on their hands this year. 

If Burnes goes then Stearns got taken. It's really that simple. Making an all in move for a rental and trading a guy who already showed he could be a big piece of the MLB bullpen literally makes no sense.

4 minutes ago, packerbacker87 said:

Well, like I said. Burns will be the first to go. And when it happens, ill just say I told you so. One way or another some big moves are on the way. No way they sit on their hands this year. 

You also didn't answer my question.

Does Machado put us over the top against the Yankees, Red Sox or Astros?

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

Who knows, thats why it’s baseball. Sounds like you are ok falling off this year, and hoping for the big rebuild. Thats cool too. Sometimes the only things you regret in life are the risks you dont take. 

2 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

No but if Machado doesn't cost you Hiura, Peralta or Burnes that's a move Stearns almost is forced to make. After last year if the fan base heard he wasn't in to the end with them looking for that return the uproar would be costly as far as ticket sales IMO.

Just now, packerbacker87 said:

Who knows, thats why it’s baseball. Sounds like you are ok falling off this year, and hoping for the big rebuild. Thats cool too. Sometimes the only things you regret in life are the risks you dont take. 

I'm so confused. 

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

No but if Machado doesn't cost you Hiura, Peralta or Burnes that's a move Stearns almost is forced to make. After last year if the fan base heard he wasn't in to the end with them looking for that return the uproar would be costly as far as ticket sales IMO.

Of course. If the offer Rosenthal mentioned (two biggest pieces are Ortiz and Phillips) gets it done, none of us are going to be complaining.