The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

18 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Thinking he gets TJ

Yeah anytime forearms are involved, TJ or flexor tendon surgery always seem imminently on the horizon. And if he doesn't come back fully 100%, his career is over. Super unfortunate.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

obamawhat.gif

idontbelieveyou.gif

It's from a mlb.com article and their reasoning is beyond dumb lol. They use Shaw's position while shifting as a reason he could do it and that we've been known to experiment with defensive positioning. That's why I laughed, because it's downright stupid.

20 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

99% sad for him, that sucks.

1% amused that a guy needs TJS despite throwing 4 mph.

Nelson I doubt is going to be back. This is the break Davies needed I guess. If Suter kept pitching well and Guerra came back strong he was the odd man out.

Anderson, Chacin, Guerra, Peralta, Davies the rest of the way.

On 7/22/2018 at 1:09 PM, MightyMouse07 said:

As a non-Brewers fan, I didn’t like it one bit. Just like with Gurriel getting applauded. I think it’s a bit tasteless. It also showed to me that it didn’t take much (did he really do anything outside of a bland apology) to get past what he said. 

I think just having him come out and pitch would have been fine. No need for applause let alone a standing O. I know the applauding can be seen as just showing support for a 25 year old player but like Rams said, I could easily see it being other reasons as well. 

Im not saying he is racist or that he even still believes in what he tweeted out back then, it’s just a bad look on the fan base in my mind. If he had come out and everything had been status quo and he pitched without the standing O, then I don’t see it as a big deal. Like Rams outlined, it’s tough to tell intent of every person in that standing O. Combine that with prior issues of discrimination in the city and it’s not a good look. 

Just curious - did you see a clip of his apology?