The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

7 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

To quote the old guy from Entourage, "That would be something I am interested in." I can't imagine Phillips headlines that package and Rosenthal sounds likes he's spitballing more than anything, but the A's have proven that they are weird again this year. If they want to trade Sonny Gray for 75% of what he's worth, how I am supposed to be mad at that?

I don't think they will and I don't think Stearns will go all in. This team is still a year away and the Cubs look like they have a 100 win pace 2nd half in them. Make some nominal buys, hope you get lucky and get the wild card, otherwise say good season and start figuring out how to pivot some decent but not great value guys like Braun/Broxton so that we can be a playoff team in 2018 and a monster in 2019.

• Like 2

Looks like our playoff chances will come down to the Wild Card. The Cubs are never going to lose another baseball game.

Also, midseason top 10 from BA, Burnes gets a massive bump.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2017-milwaukee-brewers-midseason-top-10-prospects/#Vu5fMP01FZrtvR2t.97

1. Lewis Brinson, OF

2. Brandon Woodruff, RHP

3. Josh Hader, LHP

4. Luis Ortiz, RHP

5. Corbin Burnes, RHP

6. Isan Diaz, 2B

7. Keston Hiura, 2B

8. Corey Ray, OF

9. Mauricio Dubon, SS

10. Lucas Erceg, 3B

First time seeing his swing...man, he waited back on that for a while but he's got such great bat control/hand speed that he still put it up the middle on his pull side. This kid is going to quickly rise through the system, man. If he can play 2B, Villar's days are numbered. He's got til the end of the 2018 season to get his crap figured out and that's before even getting to Mauricio Dubon or Isan Diaz. xD

1 hour ago, bkobow05 said:

First time seeing his swing...man, he waited back on that for a while but he's got such great bat control/hand speed that he still put it up the middle on his pull side. This kid is going to quickly rise through the system, man. If he can play 2B, Villar's days are numbered. He's got til the end of the 2018 season to get his crap figured out and that's before even getting to Mauricio Dubon or Isan Diaz. xD

Yeah, if Villar doesn't find it at some point over the next two months, it's going to be real hard to see him earning the starting spot to start next season.

Sidenote: It's hilarious that today is the day Davies doesn't get a win. Pitches like garbage all year, 11-4. One run over seven innings, gets the no decision.

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Bullpen is going to legit drive us right out of the playoff race.

The bats aren't free of blame right now either tho. Can't expect to win many games when you're scoring 3 or less runs every night. Since our 8 run explosion last Friday, we've scored at total of 16 runs in 71 innings and no more than 3 runs in any game. 

Edited by bkobow05

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

The bats aren't free of blame right now either tho. Can't expect to win many games when you're scoring 3 or less runs every night. Since our 8 run explosion last Friday, we've scored at total of 16 runs in 71 innings and no more than 3 runs in any game since. 

There's also that. Everything is falling apart at once. Either going to encourage Stearns to stand pat or Mark A. is going to push for some panic buying.

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

There's also that. Everything is falling apart at once. Either going to encourage Stearns to stand pat or Mark A. is going to push for some panic buying.

Hope we stand pat unless we can land someone worthwhile without losing anyone vital. We could be in 4th place in the division by the time the deadline rolls around. LOL

On 7/19/2017 at 8:11 AM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

To quote the old guy from Entourage, "That would be something I am interested in." I can't imagine Phillips headlines that package and Rosenthal sounds likes he's spitballing more than anything, but the A's have proven that they are weird again this year. If they want to trade Sonny Gray for 75% of what he's worth, how I am supposed to be mad at that?

I don't think they will and I don't think Stearns will go all in. This team is still a year away and the Cubs look like they have a 100 win pace 2nd half in them. Make some nominal buys, hope you get lucky and get the wild card, otherwise say good season and start figuring out how to pivot some decent but not great value guys like Braun/Broxton so that we can be a playoff team in 2018 and a monster in 2019.

I believe I made mention that Sonny Gray's value isn't as high as most think.

Cough.

Cough.