The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

18 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Doesn't really matter much financially, but I think just going to a hearing with him means we're much more likely to trade Hader.

We're definitely going to move him. It'll happen during the season when some of these holes become glaring. 

On 2/21/2020 at 9:23 AM, Pugger said:

Who else should/could have the Brewers signed instead?

I guess that's not really what I mean, because I agree there really isn't anyone better. I'm just saying even though it's a good deal and we get a club option and whatnot, good teams don't play Brock Holt types and he's never going to have any type of real trade value.

I'd rather use that spot on a boom or bust guy (like what we did when we played Keon Broxton at CF) to see if we can strike gold, or have a mediocre player where we eat salary for some prospects. Brock Holt just just a guy.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I guess that's not really what I mean, because I agree there really isn't anyone better. I'm just saying even though it's a good deal and we get a club option and whatnot, good teams don't play Brock Holt types and he's never going to have any type of real trade value.

I'd rather use that spot on a boom or bust guy (like what we did when we played Keon Broxton at CF) to see if we can strike gold, or have a mediocre player where we eat salary for some prospects. Brock Holt just just a guy.

Yes, he is JAG but I'd rather have him playing than Sogard and there really isn't much else out there worth signing.

5 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Yes, he is JAG but I'd rather have him playing than Sogard and there really isn't much else out there worth signing.

I'd rather have some type of trade, even for a guy with a limited chance of turning into something. Matt Duffy isn't good, but I'd bet on him to be worth 3 WAR or more before I'd bet on Holt. What about taking on some salary? The Mets are broke and would love to get rid of Jed Lowrie. Why not get a prospect for him, play Urias at SS/3B, and if he doesn't stink at the deadline you flip him for salary relief.

11 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'd rather have some type of trade, even for a guy with a limited chance of turning into something. Matt Duffy isn't good, but I'd bet on him to be worth 3 WAR or more before I'd bet on Holt. What about taking on some salary? The Mets are broke and would love to get rid of Jed Lowrie. Why not get a prospect for him, play Urias at SS/3B, and if he doesn't stink at the deadline you flip him for salary relief.

I wanted us to do one of two things this off-season, go all in for 3 years with Yelich and see where it takes us or try to throw money at Yelich and do a mini rebuild. Instead we went Herb Kohl Milwaukee Bucks and are fighting to get the #2 WC.

I'd like to see us start Woody, Houser, Burnes, Peralta and see it through. Save the old guys for the BP and if it's a collosal failure like it got to last year insert them in the starting lineup. We won't though, we'll play mediocre old guys and hope we get to .500. Bucks and Packers are trending in the right direction, until we get Yelich to re-sign I no longer have faith in the direction of the Brewers.