The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

• 2 weeks later...

I know the season is pushed back drastically but, if you've got the money, I would highly recommend the new Nike jerseys. I bought a Yeli road grey one and it's so damn clean and fits perfectly. My buddies both bought the blue one as well and even that's super sexy. Tried on the home cream ones while at Maryvale and they are super nice too. Nike did a great damn job.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://forum.brewerfan.net/viewtopic.php?p=1300790#p1300790

The list below is 30 names. Thirteen players saw all of their playing time in the Dominican Summer League.

These first four players are not listed as released at MiLB.com, unlike others below, but did indicate on social media they were let go:

Corner infielder Pat McInerney, 25, joined the Brewers as an undrafted signee out of the University of Illinois in 2017. He spent all of 2019 at Carolina, and posted this farewell to being an athlete.

Catcher Nathan Rodriguez, 24, was drafted in 2016's 21st round out of Cypress College (CA), and like McInerney, saw all his action with the Mudcats in 2019.

Infielder Connor McVey, 25, was a non-drafted signee in 2018 out of the University of Cincinnati. He was versatile at 1B, 2B and 3B, spending all of 2019 with the Timber Rattlers.

RHP Karsen Lindell, 23, pitched at Rocky Mountain in 2019 and made a last-week-of-the-season appearance in San Antonio, helping out the AAA staff after September callups. Unfortunately for Lindell, this is his 2nd release by the Brewers. The 2015 9th round pick out of an Oregon high school was released in December 2017, but re-developed his game at the now-famed Driveline facility, and was brought back by the club last June.

Brewers releases from Thursday May 28th, as indicated at MiLB.com:

Veteran infielder Andres Blanco, 36, who had signed as a minor league free agent on January 31st and was a non-roster invitee to big league camp.

Catcher Alexander Alvarez, 23, who spent 2019 in Biloxi after being plucked from the Tampa organization in the minor league phase of the 2018 Rule 5 draft.

Catcher Skyler Ewing, 27, a former Giants and Marlins farmhand who the Brewers signed out of independent ball in January of 2019. Ewing saw action with San Antonio and Biloxi last season.

Utility infielder Julio Garcia, 22, had been selected from the Angels organization in the minor league phase of the 2018 Rule 5 draft. Garcia spent all of 2019 in Carolina and struggled with a .364 OPS in 154 AB's.

RHP Carlos Herrera, 22, was one of the lottery tickets that did not hit in the 2015 Adam Lind trade to Seattle (hello, by the way, Freddy Peralta). Herrera only made one 2019 appearance in Maryvale, then later underwent right shoulder surgery in July. Herrera saw extensive action with Wisconsin in 2018 (5.46 ERA).

RHP Yohandry Perez, signed as a non-drafted free agent in October 2018. He made four early-season appearances with the Timber Rattlers last season before spending the rest of the summer in Maryvale.

Corner Infielder Aaron Familia, 21, was a four-year Brewer farmhand, two seasons in the Dominican Summer League and two in Maryvale. He was a DSL All-Star in 2017 when he posted a very strong .876 OPS.

RHP Jeyner Baez, 24, was initially a catcher in the Nationals system, signed in November 2013. The Brewers inked him as a minor league free agent in December of 2018, and converted him to the mound last year, where he made 18 relief appearances in Maryvale.

Catcher Luis Avalo, 21, spent four seasons in the Brewers system. The Dominican native spent two years in the DSL, then moved on to Maryvale in 2018, and spent 2019 as a member of the Rocky Mountain Vibes.

Catcher Caleb Marquez, 20, was a 39th round pick in 2018 out of a Missouri high school. Marquez toiled in the Maryvale heat for two seasons and posted a tweet here looking to his baseball future.

Middle infielder Orveo Saint, 20, was an international signing out of the Bahamas in 2018 and spent two summers in Maryvale. As per the Brewers media guide, he underwent left wrist surgery last October.

Catcher Juan Martinez, 24, is a Venezuelan native signed last June as a non-drafted free agent out of Barton College in North Carolina. His debut pro season was made up of 18 games (49 AB's) in Maryvale.

RHP Jose Romero, 22, was part of the July 2016 international signing class. After two seasons in the DSL working primarily as a starter, Romero made ten relief appearances in Maryvale in 2019.

RHP Alis Atagua, 19, signed out of Venezuela just prior to the 2018 DSL season and made 29 combined relief appearances on the island the past two summers.

RHP Kleiber Bordones, 19, was a Venezuelan signee, another with two seasons in the Dominican on his resume, including what appeared to be fairly impressive numbers in 2019.

RHP Juan Gomez, 23, is a three-year Brewer, but missed his middle season of 2018 with right elbow bursitis. All his action was in the Dominican.

Catcher Farlyn Manon, 23, posted a nice .792 OPS in his 2nd DSL season last summer.

RHP Robert Ortiz, still just 18 (until July), made 12 relief appearances totaling 14.2 innings over the past two DSL seasons.

RHP Wellington Nunez, 20, is yet another who toiled for two DSL seasons.

LHP Keiner Alfaro, 18, was only a Brewer for one DSL season, as he was signed in March of last year out of Venezuela.

RHP Deybi Arias, 19, saw action in each of the two prior DSL seasons.

RHP Francis Casado, 19, converted from outfielder (2018) to the mound last year.

RHP Juan Chourio, 18, was a Venezuelan signee in fall of 2018 and got to make only four DSL relief appearances last summer.

Infielder Elian Gonzalez, 20, showed his versatility by seeing action at all four infield spots during his three DSL stints. His 2019 numbers looked solid, and as the Brewers media guide notes, Gonzalez tied for fourth in the league in triples (8).

RHP Leony Rosario, 19, made 15 starts among his 25 appearances in his two DSL seasons.

IF/OF Francisco Gonzalez, 20, is a switch-hitter with nice 2019 numbers that included strong BB and K peripherals. Of all the Dominican Summer League releases, this one stands out as a bit puzzling.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

So who should I read up on as targets for next weeks draft? Two guys that stick out to me, but I have no idea what their draft ranges are, are Cole Henry and Casey Martin. 

Well, guess those two would be 2nd round targets because I haven't seen one of them listed in the 1st round nor a competitive balance round mock draft.

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

So who should I read up on as targets for next weeks draft? Two guys that stick out to me, but I have no idea what their draft ranges are, are Cole Henry and Casey Martin. 

I have no idea. We have no performance in the most critical part of the draft, it's 5 rounds, and every team is acting cash poor like crazy so who knows.

I will say though, this "extend Yelich and just punt the year" strategy worked out alright.

13 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I've looked at a bunch of mock drafts from all over, and the guys I routinely see mocked to the Brewers are Dillon Dingler (80 grade name) and college pitchers like Cole Wilcox, Clayton Beeter, and Carmen Mlodzinski.  Probably meaningless, but those are at least some names to research.