The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

9 hours ago, titans0021 said:

The amount of injuries this team has suffered this year is incredible. Makes sense that this would be the final blow.

It's amazing with the amount of BS that we're over .500. Between the number of pitching meltdowns to the injuries, it's a testament to management keeping this thing afloat.

What are the ideal offseason signings you'd want the crew to pull off? Our offense is inconsistent, but pitching is still a mess.

Re-sign Moose?
Grandal might be outpricing himself at the moment.
Back up the Brinks Truck Gerrit Cole?
Figure out who is impersonating Travis Shaw.
Give Yelich steel kneecaps.

41 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's amazing with the amount of BS that we're over .500. Between the number of pitching meltdowns to the injuries, it's a testament to management keeping this thing afloat.

It’s incredible to be one game out of a playoff spot. If you go back and look at the rotation to start the season, Davies has spent time on the IL, Woodruff has been out two months and then Chacin, Peralta and Burnes flamed our spectacularly. Second best reliever had TJS in March. Third best had dead arm and ended up released.

Aguilar and Shaw were broken, Moose missed time, Hiura on the IL, Cain hurt, Braun missed time. And now Yelich. I have no idea how we’ve managed to stay relevant into mid-September without any significant mid-season additions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It’s incredible to be one game out of a playoff spot. If you go back and look at the rotation to start the season, Davies has spent time on the IL, Woodruff has been out two months and then Chacin, Peralta and Burnes flamed our spectacularly. Second best reliever had TJS in March. Third best had dead arm and ended up released.

Aguilar and Shaw were broken, Moose missed time, Hiura on the IL, Cain hurt, Braun missed time. And now Yelich. I have no idea how we’ve managed to stay relevant into mid-September without any significant mid-season additions.

Yelich has been on one of the best 162 game stretches in MLB history. That's how.

2 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

What are the ideal offseason signings you'd want the crew to pull off? Our offense is inconsistent, but pitching is still a mess.

Re-sign Moose?
Grandal might be outpricing himself at the moment.
Back up the Brinks Truck Gerrit Cole?
Figure out who is impersonating Travis Shaw.
Give Yelich steel kneecaps.

Re-sign Moose to a longer term deal. Trade Shaw for peanuts as much as that hurts. Let Grandal leave. Evaluate the C/SS market and see if there's an undervalued upgrade.

Continue to throw more young pitching at the wall. Something besides Woodruff should stick.

25 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Re-sign Moose to a longer term deal. Trade Shaw for peanuts as much as that hurts. Let Grandal leave. Evaluate the C/SS market and see if there's an undervalued upgrade.

Continue to throw more young pitching at the wall. Something besides Woodruff should stick.

As much as I like what Grandal has done this year (especially the walks and OBP), I agree with you.  There's no way I'd give him a huge multi-year deal which I think he's earned.

Nervous about Moose too as I don't think he will age well.  But we have no other options at 3B with Shaw being a hot mess.

I just think Stearns will look at this rotation and think Woodruff, Chase, Davies and Houser will work and we'll find a Chacin-like bargain for the #5.  But it sure would be nice to have a #1 who you can rely on for 7+ innings every time out.  Problem is for every Verlander result, you're just as likely to get a $25M Darvish result which could cripple a small-market team.