The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

42 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Jordan Lyles being the starter we desperately needed is not something I could have anticipated.

I'm sure everyone, prior to this season, thought it'd be Lyles and Houser keeping us in the race. I know Houser just got boatraced on Friday but he's been the model of consistency lately. How the hell are we in the hunt? We have no legit rotation, our bullpen is rag tags and Hader and our offense has holes.

If we make the playoffs, I'll streak down Greenfield Avenue and stop into Stallis Palace stark *** naked asking for a beer. lol

48 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Jordan Lyles being the starter we desperately needed is not something I could have anticipated.

Jordan Lyles is 6-1 with a 2.39 ERA in 9 starts. 

Drew Pomeranz has a 2.79 ERA with 32 Ks in 19 1/3 IP

Ray Black has a 1.74 ERA in 10 1/3 IP

I know a lot of people on here think Dubon was too much to get rid of. Only time will tell, but we would not be rooting for playoffs today if not for acquiring these 3 guys and I'm very happy about that.

24 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

CC is in no way a perfect manager, but the way he was able to keep this team from completely falling apart like seven different times this year deserves real praise.

I agree with this so much. He coaches using prior statistics and analytics. I don't know how much of that is due to what Stearns wants and how much is Counsell doing what he wants (probably a combination of both) but either way, the any one of us could make the majority of the coaching decisions that Counsell makes just because of research that's been done by others. 

With that said, he is amazing at everything else that he does. He keeps the guys close, loose, and playing hard. What we did at the end of last year and the end of this year so far has been incredible and he gets a ton of credit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

CC is in no way a perfect manager, but the way he was able to keep this team from completely falling apart like seven different times this year deserves real praise.

I'd wager a lot of other teams might have fallen apart after losing a player like Yelich.  Instead we are rallying around each other and breathing down the necks of the NL.  :)