The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

10 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Never. They never trade young, good, MLB level players for rentals. The Brewers effectively made Burnes off limits when they promoted him.

Yeah, I didn't want to say never with total certainty, but it would definitely be stunning to see Burnes dealt now that he's been called up. Especially if he's immediately being thrown into the eighth inning of a two-run game.

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

Another thing...I highly doubt Lutz is used in any trade this season. He's going to rise really damn fast in rankings and will be an eventual headliner in a deal. Still not even 20 years old.

Its Machado. If he agrees to sign here long term I doubt anyone besides Hiura is off limits. If Machado is the piece that wins us a chip even short term, Im dealing whomever. Prospects arent worth half of a ring imo. 

Just now, packerbacker87 said:

Its Machado. If he agrees to sign here long term I doubt anyone besides Hiura is off limits. If Machado is the piece that wins us a chip even short term, Im dealing whomever. Prospects arent worth half of a ring imo. 

Please don't even entertain the idea of Machado re-signing. It's not happening.

2 minutes ago, packerbacker87 said:

Machado is going to get over $30 Million per season. He's not re-signing here.

Just now, packerbacker87 said:

Braun and Chacin make 30 million combined. Machado isnt worth that. Lets not talk about Vogt etc and the other bad contracts. 

Chacin is on a 2 year deal making $8 Million and $6 Million. 

Also, what other "bad" contracts?