The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

So when do we start talking about Trent Grisham as a bonafide prospect again? He scrapped that stupid "take pitches, spray the ball wherever" approach and started absolutely pissing on baseballs with a pull approach. His pitch recognition is legit so that little tweak in his approach could prove massive. He's walking less but he's also striking out less too. 

He hit another HR tonight for San Antonio, which puts him at 23 between AA and AAA.

Edited by beekay414

Yelich has been an 11 fWAR player over the last calender year. Not including today...

154 G, .346/.438/.735, 59 HR, 140 RBI, 130 R, 33 SB, .389 ISO, .473 wOBA, 197 wRC+, 10.9 fWAR

Will look tomorrow to see if it becomes an even 11 or above fWAR.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Yelich has been an 11 fWAR player over the last calender year. Not including today...

154 G, .346/.438/.735, 59 HR, 140 RBI, 130 R, 33 SB, .389 ISO, .473 wOBA, 197 wRC+, 10.9 fWAR

Basically, he's had one of the greatest 1 year stretches in baseball history.

We lost power in northeastern WI right after Cain's HR last night and it didn't come back on until 3 am so I didn't see Yelich hit #35.  Thankfully I didn't see Chacin implode either.  :/  I hope something is done with this pitching staff before the trade deadline...

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Updated

155 G, .348/.440/.740, 60 HR, 142 RBI, 131 R, 33 SB, .392 ISO, .476 wOBA, 198 wRC+, 11.1 fWAR

43 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Woody to the IL with an oblique injury.

Probably going to see Houser or Peralta back in the rotation. Which is a real shame. Peralta, Houser, Jeffress, Hader in the backend of the pen had me finally starting to feel comfortable.

7 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Probably going to see Houser or Peralta back in the rotation. Which is a real shame. Peralta, Houser, Jeffress, Hader in the backend of the pen had me finally starting to feel comfortable.

I hope not. We can't keep yoyoing these dudes. Just call up Aaron Wilkerson for a spot start or two until the deadline and leave Peralta or Houser alone.

19 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I hope not. We can't keep yoyoing these dudes. Just call up Aaron Wilkerson for a spot start or two until the deadline and leave Peralta or Houser alone.

If they call up a spot starter, it's going to be viewed as throwing in the towel on the season.

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

If we're holding out hope for Suter to do anything except make funny faces in the dugout, then the season's already lost IMO

Give me Suter before I have to watch Alex Claudio any more.