Bitcoin

BayRaider

I can understand the application of it from a global transfer perspective and the problem with fiat currency but I think any one digital currency becoming the defacto is not happening. The price manipulation is just too much of a variable and defeats the principle of it.

22 hours ago, Mossburg said:

I don't think that proves crypto is trash. All it proves is we're still in the Wild West. What's undeniable trash is in 2019 I can't send more than $2000 to someone in a day using Zelle.

It's a flaw of the anonymity that is so often pegged as an advantage versus traditional currency in a bank. You have a finite amount of Bitcoin available and you have a certain percentage of it that is going to be lost on hard drives that fail, or have people die/"die" without the password that you need, etc. etc. This means over time, you're going to have a steadily decreasing total volume of available Bitcoin, which is a terrible trend for a currency.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

It’s coming eventually. Crypto usually goes into a 3 year recession if you look at the history. I think Dec 2020 the big boom will start. 

The history is too short to make claims like that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:
27 minutes ago, theJ said:

The history is too short to make claims like that.

It’s an opinion. 

It's an opinion, "based on the history". He's critiquing your rationale. If you're going to make a prediction, base it on something, and post all of that on the internet, don't be surprised if someone else tells you your rationale is faulty.

If you said, "just my opinion, I think crypto is going to have a big year after a 3 year downturn", I'm guessing @theJ either wouldn't have replied or would have asked why.

• Like 2

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's an opinion, "based on the history". He's critiquing your rationale. If you're going to make a prediction, base it on something, and post all of that on the internet, don't be surprised if someone else tells you your rationale is faulty.

If you said, "just my opinion, I think crypto is going to have a big year after a 3 year downturn", I'm guessing @theJ either wouldn't have replied or would have asked why.

So I can’t have an opinion based on an 11 year history? I never said it was concrete proof or claiming it as factual evidence. There are Data Analysts doing that very thing though. 

I gave my opinion. I could easily ask you why crypto will not have an uproar in the next few years and see what your opinion on the matter is. 

Don’t appreciate the critique coming from someone who spits on crypto at every turn. People have made money on the endeavor and will again.