Bitcoin

BayRaider

On 5/17/2018 at 10:41 AM, EliteTexan80 said:

So, there was a poster on this site - banned about a year ago, I think? Maybe 18 months ago? Pretty well known poster, once made me a "Thanks Joe Flacco" sig when that was a mildly popular phrase here. 

So, said poster and I knew each other on Facebook. One day, poster reaches out to me (mind you, this was during my sabbatical away from the site) and asked if I'd be interested in joining HIS site. "Eh, OK" I think to myself as I created a username and PW.

When I logged in, I saw that I had full admin rights - I was basically Webby with him. I asked him and he said "Well, you used to be a Global, I can trust you," or something to that effect. "OK, cool" I say.

A few weeks pass, I forget about the site. One day on a whim, I log back into the site - very little activity, a few posts from a spammer, so I go in to take care of it. I look on my admin dashboard and see that I have a "Ban Poster" button...

Twenty minutes later, I successfully deleted every single post and banned every member - including the member that encouraged me to to join his site and give me admin rights to begin with.

So, moral of the story - absolute power corrupts absolutely. And it is FUN to swing a banhammer with no regard for human life.

tumblr_mnsxjvebo91qadi39o1_500.gif

• Like 2

I'm in the process of pattening this, tell me what you guys think. Fantasy Sports Model for Crypto currency. 

You draft let's say 15 or so cryptocurrencies against 20 or so other people. You set your lineups and have head to head matches every week along with playoffs. Considering Data Analyses is a skill, just like stat analyses, this should be considered a skill game. 

This could be a fun alternative to day trading especially since you get taxed on every day trade that started Jan 1st. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I'm in the process of pattening this, tell me what you guys think. Fantasy Sports Model for Crypto currency. 

You draft let's say 15 or so cryptocurrencies against 20 or so other people. You set your lineups and have head to head matches every week along with playoffs. Considering Data Analyses is a skill, just like stat analyses, this should be considered a skill game. 

This could be a fun alternative to day trading especially since you get taxed on every day trade that started Jan 1st. 

It's a fun betting idea. But I think I have heard of this somewhere already.

I do still wonder how they are going to enforce that tax on every trade law they have now.  Still seems entirely unrealistic and seems heavily dependent on the public doing the leg work for them out of fear.

9 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

It's a fun betting idea. But I think I have heard of this somewhere already.

I do still wonder how they are going to enforce that tax on every trade law they have now.  Still seems entirely unrealistic and seems heavily dependent on the public doing the leg work for them out of fear.

Mind finding where? I've searched everywhere to make sure this isn't an idea already.

2 hours ago, cddolphin said:

0e3.png

Means more chances to buy at value.

It's about where you think it's going long term, not where it's at this week or this month.

No, I get that and you're right but this is assuming this stuff still has value in a few years.  Signs point to it being that way but we ultimately don't know.

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

No, I get that and you're right but this is assuming this stuff still has value in a few years.  Signs point to it being that way but we ultimately don't know.

Nah we don't, but count me in as an optimist. 

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Same. It's the way of the future and governments really don't know how to control. 

All the "infrastructure" going into it as well, not the least of which is SEC oversight. It's really hard for me to imagine cryptos dying out altogether.

I can imagine, however, a scenario where Bitcoin (for example) is the last coin standing, while alt-coins largely disappearing into irrelevance or simply hitting zero.

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

All the "infrastructure" going into it as well, not the least of which is SEC oversight. It's really hard for me to imagine cryptos dying out altogether.

I can imagine, however, a scenario where Bitcoin (for example) is the last coin standing, while alt-coins largely disappearing into irrelevance or simply hitting zero.

Considering these projects all have working technology that cannot work without their own token, I don't see that happening. The only ones trying to be a currency off the top of my head are Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Nano. And Litecoin markets itself as a light and faster version of bitcoin to go hand in hand.

• 4 weeks later...